VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    1. used dvd2one to rip a movie, i'd opened dvddecrypter 1st to see how big the *movie only* was, and it was just 4.9gb (identity). so decided to rip with dvd2one, using variable bitrate, the resulting file was just 3.2gb, wierd..?
    i thought it would just ever so slightly compress the file so it would just fit the disc.
    2. when i use dvd2one, movie only, sometimes i can select more than just 1 file which is the movie lenght (identity again), whats all that about then..?

thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1) You cannot rip with DVD2One. It is a compression software, not a ripping software. You use it AFTER ripping with DVD Decrypter. Was this DVD you *ripped* with it unencrypted?

2) The rest of your question makes no sense since you can't rip with DVD2One.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i would assume you're using anydvd when you say rip with dvd2one. anyway, dvd decrypter displays movie only size with all soundtracks. i will assume you are dropping all but one english track and therefore greatly reducing the size. so nothing is being compressed. when you see two files of equal length in the video selection, one is 4:3, and the other 16:9. if i made no sense you need to read more tutorials.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, thats right, i use anydvd, thanks for your help.....
    Quote Quote  
  5. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try these

1. Dvd Decrypter
    2. Dvd2One (fits files to dvd)
    3. Copytodvd (burns)
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have Anydvd you can rip a dvd with DVD2ONE[/quote]
    Quote Quote