VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got an Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 1,7 Ghz with 256 MB RAM and onboard soundcard (64MB) and onboard videocard (SiS)....

Is this enough when ripping/converting/burning DVD-video?

Angelot?

Angelot :-D
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it is, although your DVD-rom speed will determine the ripping time, your processor/RAM will determine the conversion time and your burner will determine the burning time.
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a fast DVD-rom - ripping takes only 10-20 minutes....

Converting vob's to avi with AutoGK takes 7 (!) hours. With 1,7 Ghz I belive that's fast enough, but it seems that I need more RAM (256 is not enough). Or is 7 hours normal?

The transcoding process takes over 4 hours in Nero, and I belive this is due to the same problem?

I've got a NEC 1100-A 2.4x and the burning process takes only 10-15 minutes....

Conclusion: I need more RAM?

Angelot :-D
    Quote Quote  
  4. More ram will give you a little overall "boost", I am pretty sure you got a Celeron cpu, wich as far as I know don't give the same performance as what Pentium and Athlon does.

I used to encode divx on my old siemens scaleo 500mHz (Celeron), It took hours and hours, but I did get to the destination. Most of the Lefdal\Elkj°p computers costs more than they are worth .

After my ram upgrade from 256 to 768 I got much faster results when encoding with Cinema Craft Encoder.

(PS: Fint med litt Nordmenn her )
    10110101100111012011 <- The bug Bill doesn't talk about.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You can do it a lot faster with DVDShrink (you can skip the intermediate avi transcoding and copy DVD to DVD-R directly).
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i agree with ronnylov: no need to bother converting when the data is alreay in the correct format!
    Music was my first love, and it will be my last
    Quote Quote