VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I rip my DVDs with SmartRipper. Then I'm using AutoGK (DVD2AVI/VirtualDub) to make the avi-file with XVid.

My new avi-file then runs without any problems on my computer.

I'm using Nero (Nero Vision Express 2) to make a DVD-video with menus based on the new avi-file. No problem in Nero, and it burns without any error-messages.

The problem occures when I try to play my new DVD on my standalone player (DVDR70). The sound and pictures does not follow - there's a delay either with sound or picture.

I've worked on this problem for a month and I'm on my way to give up....

What am I doing wrong....

My hardware is:
    Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 1,7 Ghz, 256 MB RAM, onboard sound/video....

To slow? Can my hardware be the problem?

I also made a mistake installing all the codeces I could find - I now have 73 videocodecs installed (including AngelPotion). I've tried earlier to uninstall some codecs, and then I had to reinstall XP....

Can this cause the problem?

Please help!

Angelot

Angelot :-D
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't convert to avi.

Rip the dvd to your hd and then import the dvd folder with tmpgenc dvd author or dvd-lab and remake the menus as you want them.

(NeroVision Express can't handle the divx/xvid with mp3 audio that well, it is better to use tmpgenc and also convert the audio to uncompresssed wav before converting.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloading TMPGEnc DVD Author....

I'll try it...

1. I'm not using mp3 audio - I'm using AC3. NVE2 won't work well with that either?

2. I've tried to process wav with DVD2AVI - but after importing the vob's I can only save as avi? Am I doing something wrong? Is there another software that can 'rip' wav from vob's so that I can import the vob's as video-source and the wav as audio-source in TMPGEnc?

Thanks!

Angelot :-D
    Quote Quote  
  4. is it really necessary to mess with the menus? if ur just backing up an original dvd use dvd shrink and burn with nero
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Angelot
    1. I'm not using mp3 audio - I'm using AC3. NVE2 won't work well with that either?
    No, it wont work ac3 either.
    Quote Quote