VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I live in Japan and I am using a Japanese PS2 to play my DVDs. My PS2 is not mod-chipped, so it will only play Japanese DVDs.

I have downloaded a couple American DVDs and burned them onto DVD-R. Is there a way I can burn a DVD so that it is "Region-Free"??? I don't want to alter my PS2 (get a mod-chip) if I don't have to.

I have read that "Daemon tools", or a combination of "Any DVD" and "DVD Shrink" will do this, but I am a complete NOOB, so I need some advice on which is the best way.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded DVDs sounds pretty near this sites definition of wares, which is not something discussed here, but I take it that they are not copyrighted...
    To answer your question, IfoEdit can remove region protection. Just load the ifo, press the Region free button, save ifo. Burn. Done.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. When you say you download American DVD's, does that mean you're a pirate ?

If so, you won't get any help here - the forum rules strictly say:

Do NOT give warez.

Do NOT link to warez .

Do NOT ask for warez.

Do NOT provide information how to obtain warez.

Do NOT advocate warez.

Warez includes downloaded copyrighted movies, movies that are not yet released on VHS/DVD and copying rented movies.

What you are doing could well be illegal.
    Quote Quote