VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I converted a WMV file to a AVI file using the STOIC converter found on this site. Afterwards, I converted the AVI file to a VCD with the AVI2VCD converter (also found on this site). Then I burned it onto a CD-RW and tried to play it in my dvd player(Apex AD-1500) but there was no sound. I thought that maybe I made a mistake so I tried it again and the sound was all jumpy. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    ~~Raven 1~~
    *AKA- RSW*
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sounds like after changing the WMV to AVI you need to check out the audio track and see if it is compressed. Most likely it is, then you need to go back to the site where you got AVI2VCD and use the decompress.exe tool to decompress the audio. Then you shouldn't have any problems, just keep the audio rate within compliance for VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay, I tried what you said to try, but that did not work either. Should I just get another program?
    ~~Raven 1~~
    *AKA- RSW*
    Quote Quote