VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Haven't been able to read everything here, but I will say that I use a 120" projection screen and I could not tell the difference on a movie compressed at a 10% level with DVDShrink -- what I really want to check is a compressed DVD playing on a DVI-DVI connection on a big TV -- I think that would really be the only true way to measure the effects of compression...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by donpedro
    scubasteve2365, you posts are getting longer and longer... I see you are desperate to prove your little lies so I am going to let you alone. It is not even worth of reading so that's it. I am done with your ignorance of facts. :P
    Yeah, your right... Ill tell you what, I dont have anything better to do than to come on here and make up complete lies, everything that I have typed has made absolutly no sense at all. I am completly full of crap, and I know nothing. On the upside though, through all of my ignorance, I managed to have the 3rd ranked (and yes they are ranked, go figure I didnt know it) electrical engineering school to give me a degree, and found some company to pay me a boat load of money. Boy them fools, all that over my lies, and my ignorance of the subject.

Your initial statement that started this said that no matter how you look at it, that a loss in size, meant a loss in quality. Just because you have 2000 post or whatever on here, doesnt make you knowledgeble on the subject. I for one, thought that maybe I was have a mere technical debate, and that maybe you could teach me something, and I could teach you something, but I learned that you are apparantly a 20 year old boy, with no proof of any knowledge. My last post I gave all the proof possible, and your response was that you werent going to debate any more and thought I was desperate to prove my lies. Transalation: (You saw point in what I said and you not only have no theoritical arguement, you definatly have no factual arguement, so Instead of being a man, you make the comment you made.) Guess you wouldnt want to hurt your 2000 post rep around here ... . What a joke ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by scubasteve2365
    Originally Posted by donpedro
    scubasteve2365, you posts are getting longer and longer... I see you are desperate to prove your little lies so I am going to let you alone. It is not even worth of reading so that's it. I am done with your ignorance of facts. :P
    Yeah, your right... Ill tell you what, I dont have anything better to do than to come on here and make up complete lies, everything that I have typed has made absolutly no sense at all. I am completly full of crap, and I know nothing. On the upside though, through all of my ignorance, I managed to have the 3rd ranked (and yes they are ranked, go figure I didnt know it) electrical engineering school to give me a degree, and found some company to pay me a boat load of money. Boy them fools, all that over my lies, and my ignorance of the subject.

Your initial statement that started this said that no matter how you look at it, that a loss in size, meant a loss in quality. Just because you have 2000 post or whatever on here, doesnt make you knowledgeble on the subject. I for one, thought that maybe I was have a mere technical debate, and that maybe you could teach me something, and I could teach you something, but I learned that you are apparantly a 20 year old boy, with no proof of any knowledge. My last post I gave all the proof possible, and your response was that you werent going to debate any more and thought I was desperate to prove my lies. Transalation: (You saw point in what I said and you not only have no theoritical arguement, you definatly have no factual arguement, so Instead of being a man, you make the comment you made.) Guess you wouldnt want to hurt your 2000 post rep around here ... . What a joke ...
    Man you are full of crap. I expressed my opinion that if you delete 10% of data from video that mean 10% is gone = 10% loss and you started personaly attacking me. I didn't said up to that point anything about your person.

You are so predictible with what is next that you are going to pull out that it is funny to read. You brag about your education like that will make you smarter and when you are out of arguments you are starting to "guess" about my life. You are realy pathetic. And talking about my number of posts ? Are you realy that primitive ? I never mentioned it and I don't pay attantion to staff like that, but evidently you do. Numbers are very important to you, 3rd in being stupid, boat load of money that can't buy you human behavior and politeness.

Only think that you tought me is that it is wast of time to debate something with imbecile like you.

Let me finish with summary of what I believe in... and as opposite to your arrogance and self-conceit I accept others opinion on this without calling them names as soon they don't call me...

1. If you reduce file size of mpeg2 video file 10% it means you lost 10% of data.

2. If there is no way to quantify this 10% loss in data to number that will represent loss in quality, nobody can argue with me if it is more or less than 10%.

3. Quality is subjective. For somebody 10% is not noticeable for another person it might look like crap.

4. Compressing data with ZIP and what SHRINK does are totaly different methods. With ZIP you don't loose anything since you can UN-ZIP it. With SHRINK data are gone.

5. Same goes to comparasion to mp3 and wav. mp3 and wav are totaly different merhods of representing sound. SHRINK does not change method. It does not change from mpeg to to DivX. It is just removing less important data that will reduce quality. There is no way to deny fact that it will reduce quality.

Thats it. I wonder what kind of personal attack you are going to come up now. What have you left in your arsenal ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If there is no way to quantify this 10% loss in data to number that will represent loss in quality, nobody can argue with me if it is more or less than 10%
    thats what I said in the first place, yupe size is smaller, but you cant quantsize the quality with a number. (you did quantisize by saying it would be 10% less quality) We are in argreement there finally. You are the one that asked me to prove this mathematically. Im done with it, I apologize if you think I made the personal attack first, I didnt mean too, but in your first post to me I thougt you were being rude. I guess I couldve have read it with a negative interpretation. So If I am wrong here, then I apologize for the personal attacks.

I wish to call an end to the personal vendetta. I still however encourage you to read what I wrote,

. Compressing data with ZIP and what SHRINK does are totaly different methods. With ZIP you don't loose anything since you can UN-ZIP it. With SHRINK data are gone.
    Nope, they are a little different, but their basics are the same, the look for repeating code, and then give instructions to repeat that code. They arent exactly the same but the principal behind their technology is the same. Just like a mustang and camero are different, but they are both cars and work off of the same guide line. You dont lose anything with a zip because you unzip it, you are correct in that statement. What I ask you to look for in that statement is how that technology works. (I works how I mentioned through repetion of code), and to simply know that something doesnt have to be fully Unzipped in order for it to work. You can actually unzip during playback. Just like you dont have to unzip the dvdshrink program in order to use. You dont have to extrat the files to a drive in a computer in order to use any of the files in a zipped directory. Digital compression is everywhere, and in everything with digital signals, from cell phones to satelitte TV. Its a big issue in HDTV, one of the biggest aspects is compressing data, and then uncompressing it. thats what a HDTV decoder does, its what a set top digital cable box does. It basically is constantly "unzipping" the information (the stream) as it comes in. Same case with a DVD.

5. Same goes to comparasion to mp3 and wav. mp3 and wav are totaly different merhods of representing sound. SHRINK does not change method. It does not change from mpeg to to DivX. It is just removing less important data that will reduce quality. There is no way to deny fact that it will reduce quality.
    I know the two formats are different. I didnt compare the two. But rather I used each in different examples. Again read what I wrote. And there is a way to deny the fact that it will reduce quality. A reduction in quality isnt guarenteed. sometimes it will, sometimes it wont. remember its random.

Thats it. I wonder what kind of personal attack you are going to come up now. What have you left in your arsenal ?
    Again, I will say that I may have merely misintended your first post after me. I first read it to be rude. I admit that I couldve been wrong about that. So I will drop all personal comments. Its true that I dont know you, but likewise you dont know me. So all I ask is for you to be fair, and to be a little more open minded. You dont have to respond, Im always up for learning, and I dont know it all. So im submissive to your comments, and anything that you could maybe teach me. But at the same time I want you to actually read what I write. I do have experience in this subject, and I think I have given some good examples to which you havnt brought forth any rebutle. So in summary I wish to continue the technical side of it, but I want to drop the personal side.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by scubasteve2365
    I apologize if you think I made the personal attack first, I didnt mean too, but in your first post to me I thougt you were being rude. I guess I couldve have read it with a negative interpretation. So If I am wrong here, then I apologize for the personal attacks.
    Apology accepted. That is how I felt when you posted your reply. And since English is not my first language I can understand that sometimes what I write might look different that it was ment to be. So we are good now... ? I am glad that it ended up this way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you Noki & DoubleShadowIce.
    I'll try your suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Oh no, the argument is over? Damn, this has to be by far the most entertaining post thread I've seen. ScubaSteve and DonPedro should be on Jerry Springer show!

I do have to thank ScubaSteve for all of his posts. I've truly learned a great deal about compression. And overall, I've read every single post and realized that DonPedro really doesn't know what he is talking about but entertaining nevertheless.

I'm sad to see this soap opera end.

Perhaps you guys could discuss hydrongen fuel or maybe theoretical speed limit on dvdburning, maybe war on drugs?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Gcubed
    Perhaps you guys could discuss hydrongen fuel or maybe theoretical speed limit on dvdburning, maybe war on drugs?
    Good idea... you can start with new post and I will reply to you. Don't forget post link so I can find it.

I see that it was so entertaining to you that you need to add some fuel to fire even without any fact that will support any theory. I guess it is becouse you don't have one and you need to rely on what other people will tell you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. HAHAHAHAHA

You are sad, man. You need to drink decaf. If my coments can enrage you so much, you are going to die of a heart attack really early. Maybe tomorrow if you reply one more time.

RELAX !!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Are you trying to be another one that knows everything about me ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Gcubed

Sorry I know nothing about hydrogen fuel.

War on drugs, As long as their is ignorance there will be drugs... no debate their, Idiots abuse everything, sure they will continue abusing drugs.

as for a speed limit on dvd burning, im sure it will get to point to where it is moot. I mean where did cd burning stop?, Hell I dont know, somewhere in the 40's speed. I mean, whats the difference between be able to burn a cd in 2 mins, vrs 3 mins. so Im sure DVD will get faster, but at what point. My 4x burns them as fast I can rip them anyway, why the need to go faster???

maybe we can get into some philosophy?, Discuss Plato's Meno or something like that ... Hahahaha .. yeah right. I think this thread is done!!!!
    Quote Quote