VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Staples this week, 10 Jewel case pack Memorex DVD plus or minus at 9.99. That would be a good price for a Spindle let alone jewel cases. I bought DVD+R and it is still Ricoh (at least in my store in Northern California.)
    Quote Quote  
  2. CompUSA has the 25pk of Memorex DVD+/-R media for $24.99, and Best Buy has the 50pk for $49.99. On the -R media, the 25pks are CMC media code, and the 50pks are ProdiscS03 media code, if you have a preference.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks for the tip.
    I'm going to Circuit City.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's nice to see $1 a disc becoming the sale norm.

I have a dual burner and would like to pick up some minus too but the Memorex CMCs have not worked for me. Maybe Prodisc would work. I assume they are Taiwan made.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just bought the 50 spindle at Best Buy today. The 4x dvd+r had this ID.
    RICOHJPN-R01-02
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have not seen any 4X Memorex DVD-R made by Prodisc. Only 2X, but they were good 2X disks.
    I used up a 25-pack of Memorex 4X DVD +R disks made by Ricoh and they were excellent. No read errors after the burn at 4X.
    I also used up a 25-pack spindle of Memorex 4X DVD -R made by CMC and they also were excellent. No read errors after the burn at 4X.
    However, I have also had a 10-pack of Memorex DVD-R disks in jewel cases made by CMC that were crap. The ones that would burn without creating read errors had to be burned at 2X.
    All of this on the same PC, same Sony DRU-510A with same firmware.
    Go figure.
    Quote Quote  
  7. this might be a dumb question, but i am new to all this. is it possible for a memorex spindle or 10 pk w/jewel case to have a mix of both ricoh & cmc?

in a related question, if i bought a spindle of memorex at, for example, compusa, the 1st time around & found that they were indeed ricoh, then decided to go back & buy more, can i count on ALL of their memorex dvd+r's to be ricoh ones or will the store carry a mix of both ricoh & cmc memorex dvd+r's?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm waiting on an order from shop4tech to arrive, so I went out and picked up a box of these dvd-r discs yesterday. They are 4x CMC Mag ddiscs, but the 6 I burned so far had no read errors. All burned successfully, and a scan of the video looked clean and saw no pixelization.

Maybe CMC is getting it together with this generation of 4x discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In NY this weekend, I picked up a 50 pack at Best Buy and 4 - 10 packs at Staples of the Memorex DVD+R's. Checked a few from each package and all so far have been the Richo's.

I have never seen any CMC - DVD+R's in NY out of the various packages of Memorex DVD+R's I have bought within the past year.
    Quote Quote  
  10. this is probably going to end up being a dumb question but how do all you guys know who made the disks?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by toobusytoobroke
    this is probably going to end up being a dumb question but how do all you guys know who made the disks?
    DVDInfoPro
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Memorex(ProDisc)+LG 4040b=coaster, you can not burn a disc to capacity without read or playback errors. I used to think Memorex was the best, not anymore.
    Just shut up and listen dumbass
    Quote Quote  
  13. at CompUSA 25-pak Memorex 4x DVD+R is $24.99, but is CMC. no rebate needed for the purchase price, though. burnt and reads fine with Nec 1300.
    Do you need a rebate for the Staples 10-pak deal at 9.99? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ziffelpig
    Memorex(ProDisc)+LG 4040b=coaster, you can not burn a disc to capacity without read or playback errors. I used to think Memorex was the best, not anymore.
    You need to stick to the +R's with Memorex. They're made by Ricoh and are supposed to be excellent. Stay away from the -R's. They're dicey.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Staples disks are 10 bucks, straight up, no rebate.

-Rs at same price.
    Quote Quote  
  16. looks like there are sales all over, I just picked this up

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AMRTM/qid=1074017490/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/002...728258-6135267

Free shipping, I had to pay tax because I am in washington, but it is cheap either way.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by toobusytoobroke
    this is probably going to end up being a dumb question but how do all you guys know who made the disks?

Lite-On SMART-BURN or Nero CD-DVDSpeed will also work.

BTW..Every Memorex DVD+R I've bought was made by Ricoh.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Office depot has even a better deal, in-store only. 2-50 packs of Imation 4X -R's or +R's for 89.97 buy 1 get 1 free. If you have a coupon as I did I got them for $69.97 + tax for 100.

The +R's are RICOH's .
    Quote Quote  
  19. where did u get this office depot imation coupon from? i am sooo there afterwork if i can hold a hold of one.

btw, the more i read these memorex posts, the more i think y even try. getting pissed off that i ended up w/cmc ones just isn't worth the time & $ wasted. personally, i think it's not worth the gamble.

anyhow, went to 2 staples last nite to pick up some memorex & both stores were out. fortunately, the sales guy pointed me to the imation ones that were on sale 25 pk/$39.98 & thought the price was decent, not the best price, but was desperate. tried it out & worked perfectly fine on my plextor 708a. in fact, i was going to go back to staples for more imations 'til i saw this post. it makes me regret getting the ones i got last nite.

so back to where i get a hold of this coupon... thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by soundforbjt
    Office depot has even a better deal, in-store only. 2-50 packs of Imation 4X -R's or +R's for 89.97 buy 1 get 1 free. If you have a coupon as I did I got them for $69.97 + tax for 100.

The +R's are RICOH's .
    Are you sure they are 4x? Their speed looks unlabeled in the ad, and the unlabeled imations I've bought before have been 2x.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the info about couupon,
    http://officedepot.crossmediaservices.com/officedepot/listing_detail.asp?listingid=-20...8&L2CatID=5210

If you buy from Office depot, try to to the trick it save you $14+ shipping,
    create you account onlin at www.officedepot.com then enter DVD-R or DVD+R part number,then select quantity 2, then enter coupon code.
    Then chnage from shipping to yout home TO Pickup at store where you can come and get it. You dont need to pay crediet card, you can pay by cash at store.

Then you update check out and they will minus $14 dollar because you pick up at store. I did it last 10 days and create 3 account to buy 1 get one free so I have 6 sets.,

You can not buy more then 2 at the same time, because the coupon only use for one time.

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  22. just went to the office depot's website to put in an order of imations & according to their site they are out of stock! are those promotional codes still good on backorders even after they expire? i know that one of them expires sat & the other at the end of the mth. anyone out there know how that works? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  23. double post... please delete
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got some Memorex 4x DVD+R at Bestbuy yesterday 50 pack for $50. they still have tons in stock. The Memorex 4x DVD+R is Ricoh. I only using Memorex and Verbatim DVD+R. Since they are good Ricoh.
    Quote Quote  
  25. office max have Buy one get one free for the Imation +R 4x discs for 89 $ and if you can oreder from web and pcik up at local store you can get it for 75$ for 100 they are Richo JAPAN discs i got 100 for 74.51 when orderifn thru web i used 20$ off 75 $ coupon
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've never like Imation. They've never tell you what speed they are. Looks like sell everywhere. It is really worth my wait. 8x media comming, so 4x gotta go.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DBeeD
    Originally Posted by soundforbjt

The +R's are RICOH's .
    Are you sure they are 4x? Their speed looks unlabeled in the ad, and the unlabeled imations I've bought before have been 2x.

Mine came in a box with 2 spindles of 25 ea. inside. Outside of box clearly marked 4X +R's.

dvdinfo shows them as RICOH'S.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by njnj
    just went to the office depot's website to put in an order of imations & according to their site they are out of stock! are those promotional codes still good on backorders even after they expire? i know that one of them expires sat & the other at the end of the mth. anyone out there know how that works? thanks.

You need to select store pickup for it to work, not delivery.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sumibas
    office max have Buy one get one free for the Imation +R 4x discs for 89 $ and if you can oreder from web and pcik up at local store you can get it for 75$ for 100 they are Richo JAPAN discs i got 100 for 74.51 when orderifn thru web i used 20$ off 75 $ coupon

You mean Office Depot, I get them confused too.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by sumibas
    office max have Buy one get one free for the Imation +R 4x discs for 89 $ and if you can oreder from web and pcik up at local store you can get it for 75$ for 100 they are Richo JAPAN discs i got 100 for 74.51 when orderifn thru web i used 20$ off 75 $ coupon
    What 20 off $75 coupon?
    Quote Quote