VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Quick question on the Memorex +r's that are ricoh, does the outside wrapper ay made in taiwan or japan? All I have seen said taiwan, and I assumed were not ricoh.
    Blah, blah, blah
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nufan292
    Quick question on the Memorex +r's that are ricoh, does the outside wrapper ay made in taiwan or japan? All I have seen said taiwan, and I assumed were not ricoh.
    RICOHJPN are made in Taiwan.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh ok, I guess the saying is true: "assumption is the the mother of all f---ups"
    Blah, blah, blah
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need to select store pickup for it to work, not delivery.
    it worked! thanks!

btw, do u know how many times i can use those coupons? i actually want to buy more since it is sooo cheap, but only if i can get it for $.70 ea.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by noki
    at CompUSA 25-pak Memorex 4x DVD+R is $24.99, but is CMC. no rebate needed for the purchase price, though. burnt and reads fine with Nec 1300.
    Also, a 25pack of DVD+RW for 22.49 w/ no rebate aint bad either. Only 2.4x but still, a $1 disk for RW.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Price going down, it is a winwin situtation for all of us. Looks like the price of most of the media brand made by Ricoh (Memorex, Verbatim) going down by half, TDK, Philips coming. I've been tracking the media price for awhile. During Christmas and New Year season, I noticed price have been going up 30% for 4X media. Thanks god, most of us hold the purchase. Now, the inventory is still full for most of the big brand department store like Bestbuy, compusa, etc.. Ricoh has to jump in and cutting the price, to clear out their inventory for the new coming 8X media. Soon as the 8X appear at the shelfs, 4X price will come down further. I don't mine to burn at 2.4X or 4X. My goal is low cost burning at $0.70 a piece.

Good luck to all of us.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your post isn't very clear on which place to set it to delivery there are 2 places and several steps you can do on the ordering in different order.

Did it in the order specified, and it still set the order to $95. It just didn't charge shipping, it didn't subtract anything. So either they've fixed this or I did it in a different place than you did to make this work..

Do you have to checkout the order first, then go back and update shipping? Don't seem to be able to do this. There are several places to do this, and do it by advancing one step at a time or do several steps on a page, then proceed, then do the other steps here at this location or there at that location. After trying it your instructions are missing some needed clarification..

Thanks for trying though.
    Alan

Are they going to shoot me for the $95 order that went through that I'm not planning to pick up? I wonder lol!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah, how exactly do you get that extra $20 off to bring the total to $75 instead of $95?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Did it in the order specified, and it still set the order to $95. It just didn't charge shipping, it didn't subtract anything. So either they've fixed this or I did it in a different place than you did to make this work..
    You have to sign into your Office Depot account first, then go to View Cart and set it for Pickup at a Store, then click on Update Shopping Cart.

Enter your zip code and choose the store you will make the pickup from. Click on Choose This Store.

Click on Enter Item #. Enter 906895 for Imation DVD-R 50 pk or 906913 for Imation DVD+R 50 pk, then quantity 2. After items have been added, go to Checkout.

Go to Shopping Cart tab to enter Coupon Code 78479819 - BUY 1 GET 1 FREE, then enter coupon code 75284928 or 88307050 for $20 off $75 purchase. The corrected total should come up after you click on Checkout.

I brought 200 pieces today (two different accounts) for $74.55 a hundred total, and the DVD-R are Ritek G03 which will burn at 2X in my Sony 510A.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Worked!! thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. I brought 200 pieces today (two different accounts) for $74.55 a hundred total, and the DVD-R are Ritek G03 which will burn at 2X in my Sony 510A.
    will 2 different accts sharing the same credit card work? i've already put in an order for 2-50pks, but would love to put in for another. i don't think i've ever seen dvd+r 4x's for cheaper than $.70, a major steal.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Is there a printable version of these $20off coupons somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I just got off the phone with Office Depot. You can get them to match the Best Buy price of $49 for Memorex 50 spindle and if you get two they will let you use the $20 off coupon code.

So you can get the Imations for $70 +tax or the Memorex for $80 +tax.
    If you prefer memorex over imation.

I just dont like Imations every since I had some CD-R that the imation lable started peeling off on all the disk. Not to mention that ugly black writing on the DVD disk.

You can only get this done over the phone at Office Depot 1-800-GO-DEPOT. It took some time so be prepared.
    Quote Quote  
  14. will 2 different accts sharing the same credit card work? i've already put in an order for 2-50pks, but would love to put in for another. i don't think i've ever seen dvd+r 4x's for cheaper than $.70, a major steal.
    Yes the same credit card will work for both accounts as long as the e-mail addresses are different on each account.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks, will try it now. I think the first post was missing the $20 off 75 coupon or at least if it's there somewhere I didn't see it anywhere. Looks like it will of course work now with seperate $20 off part, many thanks again time to go get a set..

Alan
    Quote Quote  
  16. seems like the media is no longer in stores. you can place a future order but it is not for store pickup...delivery only (so the $14 deal is not valid). anyone know what the delivery charge is for a local delivery? it might still be worth it if it is low enough, esp. with the $20 off. So it's $75 plus delivery charges.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Did you make sure to select store pickup before you select your items?
    That will make all the difference.
    Quote Quote  
  18. hey dmagic1 how did you get Office Depot to match Best Buys price on those Memorex? I called them and they said they will match prices but not on sales prices. I asked to speak to a supervisor because I said I know someone that did get that deal. The supervisor was nice and said that is correct company policy. They will match prices but won't do it on sales prices. She also said that even if she did match Best Buys price, she wouldn't also give the $20 coupon/deduction as well. She didn't doubt that someone else may of gotten that deal, but they said almost always when it goes to the warehouse, they'll see it was a sale price at best buy and cancel the order immediately.

Do you have the name of the person you spoke too? Too bad noone else can get that same deal.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Well my order was for store pickup so there would be no warehouse involved. That's BS that she is handing you. If they price match they price match. It doen't matter if its a sale price. The only thing they don't match is instant rebates and regular rebates. Call the 1-800 number and hit option 1 then option 2. Tell them you want to price match Best Buys item and that the people at the store already said they would. Tell them that your only problem is that you don't have a printable version of that $20 off coupon. Thats why you need to use it thru the 1-800 number. The first time I called I got some women that gave me a hard time and when I asked for a supervisor she transfered me to a store instead. I called back pissed and the lady I got this time helped me with no problem. I didn't even need a supervisor.

Maybe after my call their tring to change things up. But if you go to any Office Depot store with that Best Buy ad they will most likely match the price. Then on their computer there is option for a coupon code. See if they will let you give them the code to enter in without a printed coupon. Tell them it was a ecoupon without a printable version. That may or may not work. It depends on the person at the store, but they can enter the code without a printed coupon if they want to.

It doesn't surprise me that they said that to you. If you want to avoid all the trouble just go for the Imation.
    Quote Quote  
  20. seems like the media is no longer in stores. you can place a future order but it is not for store pickup...delivery only (so the $14 deal is not valid). anyone know what the delivery charge is for a local delivery? it might still be worth it if it is low enough, esp. with the $20 off. So it's $75 plus delivery charges.
    Office Depot offers free delivery for orders over $50, but they are out of stock on this media for online orders. You have to log in to your account, set your cart for instore pickup, then add the items. If your local store has them in stock, then you can apply the coupons and get the discounts.

Then on their computer there is option for a coupon code. See if they will let you give them the code to enter in without a printed coupon. Tell them it was a ecoupon without a printable version. That may or may not work. It depends on the person at the store, but they can enter the code without a printed coupon if they want to.
    Yes, they can manually enter an online code. When I first ordered weeks ago, I ordered everything online, then marked it for instore pickup, and to pay cash on pickup. I used the $10 off $50 purchase coupon on the order, but the manager had trouble with the coupon not working on the store level. He overrode it and gave me the discount, and told me if I apply the coupons then pay by credit card online it would be easier for pickup.
    Quote Quote  
  21. i have used several of these discs. I have found that if the bottom of the spindle is light grey that the discs are made by ricoh and they burn at 4x in my plextor 504 burner. If the bottom of the spindle is black they are cmc and will only burn at 2.4x on same machine. I have used over 200 of these and have only had 2 coasters and they were my fault. I also just bought from best buy and they had a larger bottom to the spindle but ws still black and they are also cmc and burn at 2.4. By the way all of my discs are +r. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  22. i have used several of these discs. I have found that if the bottom of the spindle is light grey that the discs are made by ricoh and they burn at 4x in my plextor 504 burner. If the bottom of the spindle is black they are cmc and will only burn at 2.4x on same machine. I have used over 200 of these and have only had 2 coasters and they were my fault. I also just bought from best buy and they had a larger bottom to the spindle but ws still black and they are also cmc and burn at 2.4. By the way all of my discs are +r. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  23. 50 Spindle - Best Buy - black bottom - Ricoh
    2 50 Spindle - Office Depot - grey bottom - Ricoh

I don't think the color of the bottom part matters.
    Quote Quote  
  24. i could be totally wrong, this is just how all of mine have been...i did notice that the new shipment at best buy has 2 different spindles and i bought a 50 pack with the grooved bottom of the spindle and they were cmc
    Quote Quote  
  25. What do you mean by grooved? Like multiple circles? How about a pic?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by ckdexterhn1
    CompUSA has the 25pk of Memorex DVD+/-R media for $24.99, and Best Buy has the 50pk for $49.99. On the -R media, the 25pks are CMC media code, and the 50pks are ProdiscS03 media code, if you have a preference.
    I just picked up a 50 pack of Memorex DVD-R's at Best Buy and they are CMC-MAG NOT Prodisc.

I know there are many who bitch and moan about CMC but every single 4x CMC Memorex I have burned (well over 200) have burned perfectly on my Sony DRU-500a. So as far as I am concerned if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And I intend to use ONLY Memorex 4x DVD-R's as they have been perfect for me so far!
    Quote Quote  
  27. she wouldn't also give the $20 coupon/deduction as well. She didn't doubt that someone else may of gotten that deal
    i made an online purchase for 2-50pk of imations last nite used the b1g1 and $20 off $75 coupon codes. both codes worked online & i even had the word of a lady from customer service that if the discount works w/o an error msg to assume that the codes are valid.

so, i went 30 min out of my way to pick-up the dvd's only to have the cashier tell me that she would not honor the $20 discount without a physical coupon. i bought them anyhow only b/c i had already wasted my time & gas getting there & $.89 per disk is still a steal.

but, that just isn't right to expect to pay what was quoted online, drive out of my way to pick-it up, get there & have them deny $20? to know that other ppl are getting the discount & others aren't, just doesn't seem fair to me.

ppl shouldn't have to call to chk on each coupon code used each time they make an online order. it defeats the purpose of having the option of entering multiple discounts codes online w/the purchase. if a physical coupon is req'd, why doesn't office depot make it easy by blocking the code & have ppl redeem the physical coupon when they get there to pay for it?

ironically, last nite, when i got home from that fiasco, the office depot commerical was on where they boast about their online purchase/store pick-up option.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where do the physical coupons with these codes come from? Is it only large orders or are they printed somewhere? I'll track them down for ease of use if I can of course..

Alan

Hell this is nothing compared to the damn $57 ATI AIW 8500DV closeout they had last week, wish I'd been there Sunday morning to buy all they had.

And of course you guys know that 2 weeks from now they'll have these discs on sale for $60 / 100 ! Who knows maybe even $50, that is how it always works. Guess I'll go get the Imation, if they don't give the extra money off I'll spend the $5 and go get a 50 pk from Best Buy which is across the street..
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the Office Depot heads up and the coupon info.
    Just got home with 2 of the 50 packs (4x25 spindles) and all were +R ricoh 4x. They had a blue label on the box with a 4x on it. 74.99 with tax.

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All Right,

All of you get it now
    I tried to do that way 2 weeks ago and have to set up 3 account to get 6 spindles :=)
    When I came to pick them up at the store, the customer guy keep asking me how could I do that , this is a hidden secret, you only can create another account to be able to use the coupon code..
    Cheers,
    Quote Quote