VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using the program ( 1click DVD Ripper ) I was wondering which codec should I use in there to rip the dvd to Avi ? There are so many listed.. Which codec would give really good quality while not taking forever to rip the dvd in question ? U can let me know via a message here or thru E-Mail if my email address is shown.. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I prefer 2-pass xvid. You'll need to use a bitrate calculator which you can find in the Tools section to the left.
    <------
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mine doesn't have 2 bit Xvid. It only has the regular Xvid Mpeg-4 Codec. It does have quite a few codecs in it like Cinepak, divx, intel, Windows 9, and some others. But the only Xvid is the one I stated.. This isn't Super DVD Ripper. It is 1click dvd ripper, just to make sure u know which one it is.. Thanks for ur help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I understood you fine. Use the xvid codec you have. I was merely suggesting that you do a 2-pass encode. If you are unsure of what that is I suggest you search the site for a guide
    Quote Quote