VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. howdie,

I'm still a noob to this scene, and so far the only dvd'rs i've used on lg gsa-4040B (A302) are fujifilm 4x dvd-r. they work fine, and they're a dark purple on the bottom, i guess that means taiyo yuden if i understand correctly. admitedly this are pricey, and i don't want to throw money away, so what other discs work with this player

anyone use anything else, and what is it, oh and will it work properly at 4x

thx
    EVOODOO
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ritek discs are very popular around here, its what I use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ritek\RiDATA DVD-R 4x Discs Work wonderfully with the LG burning at 4x. Get 100 for $95.00

http://www.rima.com/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EVoodoo
    howdie,

I'm still a noob to this scene, and so far the only dvd'rs i've used on lg gsa-4040B (A302) are fujifilm 4x dvd-r. they work fine, and they're a dark purple on the bottom, i guess that means taiyo yuden if i understand correctly. admitedly this are pricey, and i don't want to throw money away, so what other discs work with this player

anyone use anything else, and what is it, oh and will it work properly at 4x

thx
    EVOODOO
    I've had great luck with Maxell -R's on the same setup you have. 100% success so far! Ritek and Taiyo Yuden, as you mentioned, are also very, very good.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've had great results with Princo 4X DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Results with Princo can be variable - my DVD player likes them generally, but the end of the disc can be very flaky. Great for short projects, but I daren't use them past 3.5Gb as a rule.

Can I please say YET AGAIN that YOU CAN NOT JUDGE A DISC BY THE COLOUR !!

Please look at this thread and the one I have linked to in it (or one of many like it) to see what I mean:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198569&highlight=color

Also, you might want to remember that recording to a disc is only half the story. Will it be readable in your target device ? You might want to buy a small quantity of any new media, check it out with DVDInfo Pro to see who really made it, and try them before you comit to any volume.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!