VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I heard that Ritek G04s work well with Recordnow Max. I own alot of G04s and was wondering if I should buy Recordnow Max(which i found for a price of $25). Is Recordnow Max good software and should I buy it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had some success burning with Nero, Instant Copy 7 and Studio 8 (for DVDs created with Studio)- but none worked as well as Record Now. With the other burn programs I'd get at least 1 coaster for every 10-20 disks. I've burned about 40 DVDs with Record Now and haven't had a failure yet.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I recommend RecordNow Max.
    It is all I use for burning. Its straightforward, I like that the program will eject the disc if there is an error while initializing Before it wastes a disc and makes a coaster---unlike nero!!!

I use Ritek G03s
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's the only program I use for burning DVDR's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used to use Nero to burn DVDs, but then I bought RecordNow Max and I like the results using RecordNow Max. So I now use RecordNow Max almost exclusively for burning DVDs. It's not quite as automatic as Nero, because for DVD movie backup, you need to put your ripped files into a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive and also create a blankd AUDIO_TS folder on your hard drive, and then burn both folders to your blank DVD.
    Then you have to burn the job as a data job and make sure you tell it to close out the job.
    In Nero, the software automatically creates the two folders for you, and makes all the right settings, when you select DVD-VIDEO.
    But, like I said, I like the results from RecordNow Max better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bob W
    It's the only program I use for burning DVDR's.

Ditto.
    W.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's all i ever use for burning to DVDRs as well.

Will Hay Wrote....

Somebody has hacked my avatar

Maybe one of them NERO lovers :P
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    Maybe one of them NERO lovers :P

Yeah, bastards!

(...tell me something, the spelling mistakes in your signature, it's some kind of irony I don't get, right?)
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Damb, just relealized it , anyway fixed now, i must have typed it when i was drunk .

It's actually a line taken from a Dance Record that was out couple of years ago...

Sunbeam - Outside World
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use record now max for all my dvd's now.As a data dvd you only need to add the video_ts folder and burn,no audio _ts folder required.Clonedvd automaticaly creates a video_ts folder for rips.Just add it to the job and burn.Not one failure yet.Nero,that was a different story.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This sw never worked for me, only coasters and coasters,

It came bundled with my Recorder, trashed it away and bought Nero - much better....

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
  12. Zetti, you might have been a bit hasty. RecordNow was bundled with the s/w on my computer also, and was the cause of many problems beyond the non-functional prog itself. It boogered Roxio and IC, trying to use it caused the writer to reset to PIO, it often disabled burning altogether, etc. No support was forthcoming that was any improvement, so I deleted it after backing it up on G Drive. Just in case.

Every now and then I checked for updates and eventually a px engine update became available. So I tried it again and voila! Now it works fine and coexists happily with other burning programs. Although I still use IC for DVD videos, RN is what I use for everything else. But RN will do it all easily, and faster.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    > you only need to add the video_ts folder and burn,no audio _ts folder required.

I've read (probably in a post here) that some DVD players require an audio_ts folder.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Happy RecordNow DX(RN Max's little brother) user here,100% of the discs I've burned with RN DX have worked perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    Zetti, you might have been a bit hasty. RecordNow was bundled with the s/w on my computer also, and was the cause of many problems beyond the non-functional prog itself. It boogered Roxio and IC, trying to use it caused the writer to reset to PIO, it often disabled burning altogether, etc. No support was forthcoming that was any improvement, so I deleted it after backing it up on G Drive. Just in case.

Every now and then I checked for updates and eventually a px engine update became available. So I tried it again and voila! Now it works fine and coexists happily with other burning programs. Although I still use IC for DVD videos, RN is what I use for everything else. But RN will do it all easily, and faster.
    Well, I quit it so long ago that I don't remember anymore what version I iwas using, but let's see....

I think (almost sure) it was Record Now DX v 4.6 - actually, not Record Now Max, but DX - and it only made coasters and coasters;

Yeah, I went to Sonic's page and instaled one PX engine, it hasn't solved my problem; I contacted the oficial support in Japan, they asked lots of questions (they always suspected I was trying to copy protected CD's, it was a trouble to convince them I just wanted to copy DVD-R's burned by myself), and they never solved the problem;

Do you have any new PX engine ?

I had so many headaches with it that I quit it, anyway, if I figure out a secure and quickly solution for the problem, I might try it again;

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Px Engines can be updated from http://sonic.com
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
  17. Can someone clarify that RecordNow used to be owned by Veritas,
    then Stomp, now Sonic? (I have 4.5 from Stomp - but it looks like
    the newest version from Sonic is 6.5...).

Also anyone know where I can get the PxEngine update for my A06?
    (sonic makes you register for it, but I didn't buy it from Sonic and
    it looks like the Stomp/Veritas versions don't support the 06)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really do like this app.

tc
    Will
    willr@no.spam.star.net
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by willr666
    Can someone clarify that RecordNow used to be owned by Veritas, then Stomp, now Sonic? (I have 4.5 from Stomp - but it looks like
    Something like that...

Originally Posted by willr666
    Also anyone know where I can get the PxEngine update for my A06?
    (sonic makes you register for it, but I didn't buy it from Sonic
    You have to register but its just the name, address, etc..no big deal

I can send the 507 to you about 600KB

EDIT:
    Its here http://patches.sonic.com/downloads/engine/pxEngine507.exe
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    Damb, just relealized it , anyway fixed now, i must have typed it when i was drunk .

It's actually a line taken from a Dance Record that was out couple of years ago...

Sunbeam - Outside World

Glad I could be of some help, I wondered at it every time I saw your post
    Will
    Quote Quote