VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. any help appreciated. I'm trying to make a vcd from a DIVX file. TMPEG indicates there's no audio. I've opened up the file in Virtualdub and it says the audio is 48KH, 16 bit but doesn't recognise the compression format. the only other information under Windows properties is that i refers to nandub. am i mising an audio codec - if so any idea which its likely to be (I've installed he Krystal pack). cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. set vdub audio to full processing(if you dont do this step you end up saving the mp3 in a wav package). pick save wav file
    load your avi in tmpgenc and then load the wav file in the audio slot in tmpgenc

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    TMpgEnc can't handle 48 kHz audio. You have to either extract the wavefile and convert it to 44.1 or use an external tool. (Under Options->Environmental Setting->External tool->Sampling frequenzy converter). I don't remember the name of a good one but make a search for frequenzy convertion and you'll find one)
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks, i tried what you suggested but Virtual Dub then gives an error message "ACM failed to suggest decompression format"...any other suggestions gratefully received.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You mean you can't extract the wave from VirtualDub under File->Save wave? Never encountered that. If you can then you can change the sample rate under Audio->Conversion. This is the fastest but not the best way that I know of.
    Quote Quote  
  6. miko, I think he means he can't even open the file. I get the same error on Metallica S&M, both files. As soon as I pick the file, I get the same error "ACM failed to suggest decompression format"
    Quote Quote  
  7. YEs that is correct, you can't open the file. If its any help I saw a copy of the file on a fileshare application which said "ac3 required". I thought I should have the ac3 codec as I installed the Krystal pack, but I don't see an ac3 codec installed when I check under audio codecs in windows - does anyone know if i should ?. still puzzled but thanks for all the tips i'll keep trying.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Problem solved !

I downloaded and installed the latest Global DiVX player (v1..9.1) from download.com and this includes the necessary codec. Now I can play/open the file and convert the audio as required.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.
    Quote Quote