VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a guy that wants to unload one, and I was thinking of buying, I do not know to much about camcorders and was wondering if you guys could help me negotiate an offer. this person has not gave me a price and I dont know what to start negotiating at. Please help plus give me your opinion on this camcorder. Thanks for the time.
    Thanks alot,
    dreadogg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What was the price he gave you?

SLICK RICK
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
  3. he gave me no price yet, kinda just gave me the thing and said go play with it and see what you think.
    Thanks alot,
    dreadogg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought he gave you a price because in your original you stated:

Originally Posted by dreadogg
    this person has gave me a price
    But I did some looking around and found some new one's for about $1800. That may help you decide on what you would like to pay for a used one.

SLICK RICK
    Quote Quote  
  5. opps forgot to put not in there!
    Thanks alot,
    dreadogg
    Quote Quote  
  6. Check the dreaded ebay... I can't even count the times I've heard "flea market guy" say "I could get $X on the internet for this." Hate it...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But I did some looking around and found some new one's for about $1800. That may help you decide on what you would like to pay for a used one.
    It is a sweet camera. I think I may start saving up for one.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  8. yea I got it set up right now in my bedroom with the sweet tripod it kinda looks as if I making pron movies, but seriously what would you guys pay for an solid welll maintained VX-2000?
    Thanks alot,
    dreadogg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How old is it? Does it have any physical damage? What was the guy that is selling it to you using it for?

SLICK RICK
    Quote Quote  
  10. This is an exceptional camera to own, quality and build. Its also got a 2Mega pixel still camera mode, excellent as a standalone digital photo camera too. Your getting your moneys worth to say the least. A brand new one, without a tripod and other extras, but just the standard accessories ranges from $2025 - $2999.

In my opinion, your offer should be reasonable and fair, I would not insult them by offering anything lower than $1000 for it. A good starting point would probably be somewhere above $1100 up to $1400. Then you should also consider the extras he includes, but if its one of those cheap starter kits that you get from ebay, then just realize that its not worth much more. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ^ those are very good points, and I have a few more.

First, Sony just came out with the VX2100, which isn't a whole lot better than the 2000. No major new things, just some small upgrades. HOWEVER, you can use this to your advantage, cause the price dropped on the 2000 when the 2100 came out.

I would start at 1100-1400 like was said, and I really wouldn't go higher than 1700 or 1800.

I was buying a camera at the end of the summer and I was looking at the VX2000 and the TRV950. I went with the 950 cause it was $400 cheaper, and I'm a college student. The VX was $2,100 brand new.

Good luck
    Friends don't let friends use Windows!

Elisha Cuthbert is so a total schorchcake!!
    Quote Quote