VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Howdy, I succesfully burned a short film I made onto some TDK DVD-R's and they work fine in the PC, PS2 and my crappy old set-top Matsui, however, when I put them in my stand-alone Sony DVP-NS300 which plays DVD-RW's and everything else under the sun. A message appears on the screen that says "This DVD is dirty" I know damn well that the DVD is not dirty and I have tried about three of my DVD-R's and I get the same thing, the first time I tried them, it worked fine and it's this that's confusing me.

Has anyone else had this problem and what is the cause?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please tell us exactly how you produced your DVD - Editor - Authoring Program Bunring Program Etc. Did you re try with a non RW disk. SOme DVD players regardless of quality and price will somtimes refuse to play certain disks.
    I have 7 of them from super crappy Mintek ( actually pretty good and very cheap !!! ) and there are times that my best system will not navigate through certain menu items and the others will.
    _
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some players just can't read some disks. My Apex reads everyhting, but my Opterite hates TDK 2x's after 3 GB.....go figure?
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  4. more than likely it is the programmed response from the player if it cant read the media. Basically, if it cant load of the dvd for whatever reason, but "knows" that data is there, the only culprit to the player is that it is dirty.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by I J Walton
    A message appears on the screen that says "This DVD is dirty"
    Looks pretty obvious to me.

Fight spammers ghetto kung-fu style! Join the Unsolicited Commandos! or the Spam Vampires!
    Quote Quote