VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need help for this type of conversion. i've tried everything, but nothing works.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    it could help if you told us exact what you have tried.
    Quote Quote  
  3. iv'e used the tmpgenc as described in the convert section, but it comes out with the message "cannot open, or unsupported" the there is virtualdub vers. 1.3c that should could handle these files says "couldn't locate decompressor for format 'wmv2' (unknown). When i watch the movie there is no problem with it. i'm totally lost. please help
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have found that you need a specific microsoft mpeg4 codec (6.4 I think). This is normally linked wherever you found virtualdub 1.3c. There is also a 1.4c version which handles asf/wmv. I did find problems using these with tmpgenc and videowave3 hanging. I found that using windows media encode (v7 from microsoft) and converting the file to uncompressed first made things a lot easier. Watch out for the sound sync after using virtualdub. There are utilities (aviinfo for example) that can easily solve the sound sync.
    Regards
    Tony
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have found that I can make a .wmv into an uncompressed .avi, BUT, the DAMN windows catch, no AVI bigger then 2 gig. If there is a way to compress in TMPGEnc when pressing Save as AVI, I would love to know...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Max on 2001-10-16 14:42:15 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  6. o.k. now i have the right codec, i thank u for that. But now i freezes 4 sec. after the conversion starts. Why is that??? i'm using tmpgenc 1.3c.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I solved the problem myself. i don't know if it's the right way, but it works. first i "ripped" the video part. then the audio part. and then i mixed the together to a mpeg file. problem solved!!
    Quote Quote