VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Can someone supply me with the registry patch for the advanced menu, I have tried to find it without success searching the forum....

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'd be grateful for it too.

The Advanced button used to appear on the Preferences tab but appears to have been removed with the latest update.

Also, anyone else have a problem with the WinTV application not remembering you have a source connected via s-video?. Everytime I start the Wintv 2000 application I have to keep opening the Channel Suite Manager, then exit it to activate the s-video input. I don't have an composite inputs setup, I only use s-video and this is an annoyance to say the least.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I too have a Wintv PVR, but all I really use it for right now is capturing tv. What exactly does this registry patch do? Also where can we find it, because if it helps out any I would love to get it myself. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using the latest win2k drivers and I can access the advanced button...

alkieman: i have also some trouble to directly select the svideo...I have to first select Ext 1 then Ext 2 and last svideo to get it to work.

Quote Quote  
  5. I used the reg. patch from Happuage German web site, after checking Svideo I have never had to check it again, if you use Virtualdub you can reset it in its settings also.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried reinstalling the WinTV2000 applications but still not advanced button. Damn.

I emailed Hauppaige Technical Support about that plus the s-video problem but haven't had a reply. When (or should I say if) I do, I will let you know.

Quote Quote  
  7. squirrel2782, the Advanced button allows you to change your MPEG capture settings. Say you wanted to capture at Half D1 but wanted to double the bitrate from it's current 2mb/sec to 4mb/sec to improve the quality. Well, under the older application you could, seems under the new one you cant.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ah thank you I do have that button then. I made my own Bitrate at about 4.5Mb/s Full DI it fills a full CD-R with one episode of the simpsons with no comercials.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I searched the german site but didn't find the registry settings - can anyone point me in the right direction (i want my advanced button back)

Thankx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here save as hcwsoloadvanceddialogon.reg
    ---------save line below-------------
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hauppauge\WinTV32\CoDe cs\StreamSlipSolo]
    "StreamSlipShowEncoderAdvanced"=dword:00000001
    --------------------------------------

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SHS on 2001-11-05 06:52:42 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed that I hadn't installed the latest drivers(1.5) and now did the advanced button dissapear....so thanks for the regedit patch.

But now I got other errors, the audio get out of sync for some seconds and then back to normal...and after some 15 minutes the audio messes up so I returned to the old drivers...
    Quote Quote