Runtime Error!
    Program: e:\dvdlab\compile.aux
    abnormal program termination

Does anybody knows what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Head over to http://www.mmbforums.com/index.php that is the site with the DVD-Lab support forums, lots of knowledgeable folks there who love to help.
    --
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't waste your time with that forum.....That question has been asked 100 times and no one ever answers it.
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok here we go I had the same error with compile.aux and I tried everything on this site and some others like installing other DVD authoring software out there and nothing worked like dvd lab pro. To start out I am using Windows 7 X64 and out of a last effort I right clicked on the dvd lab pro shortcut on my desktop and went to compatibility tab I clicked on run this program in compatibility mode under Windows XP Service Pack 3 and then at the bottom clicked on run this program under Administrator and after I did that Bam it freaking worked like I never had a issue. I hope this helps one of you out there if your having the same dam problem and about to throw the dam computer out the window.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    If anybody is still interested in authoring DVDs (and with DVD-lab), after all this time:

Through many trial-and-error attempts at finalizing one single DVD, which kept crashing, sometimes with and sometimes without the dreaded error mentioned above, I've discovered that the files to be used for the authoring process should also be stored on the local hard drive.
    With these stupid new hard-drives that require all kinds of permissions in Win7 and turn on/off when in / out of use, DVD-lab always seems to crash before the authoring process is complete.

I've copied all the files to C: drive, and then finally I got "Authoring Process is complete".

DVD-lab surely was not made for Windows Vista/7 and, to re-iterate, it probably has problems with most recent external hard-drives that need permissions to operate properly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jeanpave View Post
    With these stupid new hard-drives that require all kinds of permissions in Win7 and turn on/off when in / out of use, DVD-lab always seems to crash before the authoring process is complete.
    This is not problem caused by a "stupid" external hard drive but damn Microsoft. Like you wrote: it can be turned off.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, true 'dat.

Better yet, DVD-lab users, don't waste time trying to use this program in Windows 7. You should use XP. When it comes to working with this program, Windows 7 is a piece of shit.

When it comes to using most older programs, Windows 7 is a piece of shit.

When it comes to support for older programs, and even OSs, Windows/Microsoft is a disgusting piece of shit!
    Like we're gonna buy a new computer for their software every damn year!?!!...

(...Not that HDD manufacturers, or software creators, are not increasingly trying to follow the same model. :wink They all sicken me.)

Why:
    In the middle of editing with DVD-lab, it's very possible that windows 7 can spit up that stupid popup saying 'dvd-lab stopped working -- Close or Wait to Close'. If all of a sudden, stupid Windows 7 won't allow you to save the .dal project, you're screwed. That error message is coming. Or the DVD-lab program might just close on its own, with no warning, also...
    For DVD, gotta use XP!
    (Never ever has DVD-lab - same version - crashed like that in Windows Xp, for me!)
    Last edited by jeanpave; 27th Mar 2014 at 06:20.
    Quote Quote