VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I burned a dvd-r and it works on my computer DVD but not on my xbox dvd. Why?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do any DVD-R work in your X-Box? Playing in you computer means nothing, you can do everything wrong and it will still play. Whether or not it plays in a settop player is the key.

It can be:

1) Bad media, you XBox is picky about media
    2) Bad Burn
    3) Bad files (you didn't do it right)
    4) Nothing, you XBox simply doesn't do DVD-R's
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this

Use Nero, don't use the wizard, choose DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO), in the UDF tab check "Force DVD-Video compatibility mode for XBOX", create VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, proceed as usual.
    Quote Quote  
  4. XBOX uses a different type of ISO format - if you do google on xbox iso you should find your answer..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use TDK DVD+R and DVD+RW and I burn in DVD-VIDEO mode using Nero 6 and everything always works in my XBOX. Sometimes the +RW isn't recognized the first time I put it in, but if I eject it and then put it back in, it's fine.
    dj matty b
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been reading Sentinel DVD-Rs, Primedisc DVD-Rs and some very bad Sky DVD-Rs in my XBOX with no problems at all.

I just burn using Nero 5.5 and thats it. I had no need to use Nero's Force DVD-Video compatibility mode for XBOX since every copy I made using Nero's standard wizard were XBOX readable.
    Quote Quote