VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by slimmx
    Hi Roundabout
    Finally Friday, been busy all week with the finals next week.
    I took a picture of my router so you can see which light is blinking yellow, it is not the one you think it is.
    Interesting, since it isn't mentioned in the owner's manual that this LED can be amber as well as green. They must have changed something in production because mine has never been amber. Maybe it now displays amber when there's a normal connection, and never turns green? No way of knowing, but maybe they can tell you at Netgear (if you can reach someone that speaks English well enough)

I also did the complete tests for open ports and configured port 113. I configured 113 same way as you, so now all my ports are stealth. It's a very good site. I was always very catious about security because I buy a lot of stuff online. With the firewall on the router do you think I need to run a firewall such as norton or zonealarm on my pc.
    Yes, maybe I've been lucky but since I set up and configured this router several months ago, there hasn't been any problems with it at all. I also didn't know about the port 113 problem until I visited that site, so now that we've fixed that problem, it's one less thing to worry about. I haven't seen any need to run a S/W firewall on the PC, if the router is doing its job, there should not be any hackers getting past it. I've been online 24/7 with eMule for months now and haven't had any problem, and I think if a hacker had gotten in, I'd notice viruses or trojans on the system. Norton AV hasn't detected any, and I keep it up to date with new virus defs every few days. I don't take any chances since it's always online. So, No, I don't think you need to start adding software firewalls on top of the hardware one, it's likely to cause more problems than it solves. I noticed in the eMule forums that people are constantly complaining about trying to configure ZA to work with eMule.

By the way, the router works GREAT. I have not had a problem with it.
    Hopefully it will stay that way
    BTW: it keeps all the settings even if the power goes off - which it has many times here recently. I just restart the PC and it's off and running again, so I guess the router has flash memory to keep the settings. I like this router a lot too, though some people give it mixed reviews, since I've had it nothing has gone wrong. I don't hestiate to recommend it to anyone.

I run emule on my second computer. I call it a server because I have an ftp server on it. It used to be

1ghz Amd
    512 ddr ram
    100gb hd

And Emule ran fine. I would have about 6 to 10 gigs downloading at a time. I only had that much because I read that it works best that way and speeds would be higher. But after talking to you I put to about 30gigs and speeds skyrocketed. Even though I have a limit of 160 at once my highest speed somehow went to over 300.
    When I first got this router I just got a new pc from my friend

2ghz Pentium 4
    256ddr pc2100
    110gb hd

And for some reason Emule slowed down the pc so much, it would use 100% of cpu at all times. Even though the processor on the new pc is twice faster. I just reinstalled windows like 2 days ago and it looks like it works fine now. Before reinstalling windows I took the emule folder and copied it to the 2nd partition and after reinstalling it kept all the settings and downlaoding files, did it keep my credits?
    I had that problem before I upgraded to eMule v1i - when the program would inexplicably go to 100% of processor usage and stay there, effectively locking up the PC. I had to reboot constantly. Now with the new version, it runs smooth as glass. I love it!

Yes, you kept your credits if you did it this way. The credits are not stored on your PC, but on others (to prevent others from hacking and getting credits). They're stored on known clients to you (the file: clients.met and/or known.met - I forget which one stores that information) and you'll notice when you start up eMule it will have a message at the bottom of the server screen that says how many clients are known to you. On last check, mine was several thousand.

This is how I set it up Emule

Looks fine, except you will want to check the box "limitless download" so you get the max speeds regardless of your upload setting. As long as you don't go below 10KBps and you have that box checked, you will have the fastest speed. The other thing to check is "filter clients doing file scanning for 24 hrs" - that prevents some of the rogue clients from constantly scanning through your files (including RIAA/MPAA). I always leave it checked. It kicks them out for 24 hours and they can't try again for a day.

It's funny that you said that you only use Emule for Russian files. I also use it only for Russian material. I was born in Ukraine and my parents enjoy Russian programs even though we have Russian channel but nothing ever good on it except for news. I find that the best sites for Russian content is

www.zevel.ru
    www.sharereactor.ru

These are some of the other ones I found

http://video.xclub.ru/download/index.shtml http://kachaem.boom.ru/film.html http://www.megafilm.tk/ http://www.komap.ru.ru/ http://netlab.e2k.ru/k// http://www.sharelita.com// http://werewolf.boom.ru/ http://good-video.com/site/index.html http://www.hot.ee/kuk/
    Looks like some of the same ones I use. I can read Russian (barely) and I usually find things to download for my wife, sometimes she looks for whatever she wants. You and I have probably downloaded some things from each other without even knowing it! Recently, we got the entire Dve Sudby seria (20 discs download), Grazhdanin Nachalnik (15 parts), Brigada (20 parts), we're working on Chjornyj Veron (52 parts total, only 32 so far), got all of Instruktor (12 parts) and dozens of movies, albums, shows, etc.

I like http://friends-forum.com http://edonkeyz.tk http://www.donkeyhot.net http://www.hot.ee/kuk http://www.ruvideo.com http://www.megafilm.tk (currently down) http://e-source.com.ru and http://www.rusdivx.ee

I noticed that most of them tend to have similar stuff, they all know the same release groups, I guess. Ludmila on the ruvideo.com site must stay busy, she releases an unbelievable amount of material. Pesnya Goda is already available from a few days ago, we're downloading it right now. It'll be 6 cd's total.

Most of it in Russian though. I have a deal with my parents, as long as I keep supplying them with stuff they get me all the dvd media I need for myself.
    Well, that's lucky for you!

Where in Ukraine were you born? I've been there multiple times myself (Borispil' Airport is a familiar sight!). Wife is from Chernihiv. We go to Kiev a lot when we stay there. Last went in 2001, due to go again soon, in the next three months or so.

You're right about the Russian channel, RTV or RTV+ stinks on Dish Net. WMNB isn't much better. They added Channel 1 (ORT) on Dish but I don't want to spend 15.00 a month for one channel, I'd rather just download whatever we want to see, and we can watch it anytime we want.

O.K. gotta go for now, heading to Vegas in the morning to the CES show, so I won't be back till Monday afternoon sometime. Guess we'll have to wait until then to pick up on everything. I'll get back to you on Monday night sometime, so you'll know why I'm not able to answer your post until then. Take care, talk to you soon...

Roundabout
    Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI
    You are right about all of those sites having the same stuff, but I usually go through a couple of them and sometimes they have different stuff in new releases. I think I saw all of those "serias" you mentioned. I don't like movies like Chirniy Voron but BRIGADA is one of my favorite movies of all times. I saw it when it just came out and then watched it over again a million times. I can't even describe to you how much I like that movie. My father's friend promised it to me on DVD, but I just put all 15 episodes for dl.

I don't know if you heard this, Brigada has influenced many teenagers in Russia and Ukraine. After the movie was released many teens started to form gangs and actually name them selfs after the characters in the movie. There were a couple of times when those gangs killed people to prove to each other who could be "Beliy" (the leader of brigada in the movie)
    There was this time when in Ukraine, 4 guys were sitting in a diner arguing who is Beliy and they ended up killing a whole family who was sitting next to them. Stupid bastards totally misunderstood the movie. Brigada were never after just killing for no reason, they were businessmen. It became sort of like Scarface in United States.
    They actually wanted to make Brigada 2 ,but after all of the things that went on many people are against it.

I was born on Crimean Peninsula in Sevastopol. I've been all over Unkraine but never been in Chernighov.

How was CES. Is there a website with all of the technological toys from the CES? I want to buy a mp3/video player. I saw on Tech TV something about Creative mp3/video player but nothing else so far. There is rca lyra that plays mpg files but I read that it sucks.

Slimmx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HI
    You are right about all of those sites having the same stuff, but I usually go through a couple of them and sometimes they have different stuff in new releases. I think I saw all of those "serias" you mentioned. I don't like movies like Chirniy Voron but BRIGADA is one of my favorite movies of all times. I saw it when it just came out and then watched it over again a million times. I can't even describe to you how much I like that movie. My father's friend promised it to me on DVD, but I just put all 15 episodes for dl.
    Hi slimmx,

I just finished burning the entire Brigada series today and we're gonna watch some of it tonight and tomorrow (too much to watch in a day).
    Oops, you're right, it was 15 episodes, not 20 like I mentioned (I was going on memory, I thought it was 20... )
    Well, I hope it's interesting, my wife is going to translate it while we watch it. She's gotten pretty good at doing that.

We haven't watched any of Chirniy Voron, as only some of the segments are finished and there aren't too many sources - so it's taking forever to download all of it. I think we have about 10 out of the 32 finished that are online right now, and the rest haven't been released as yet. Some of the parts only have 2 or 3 sources, so you can imagine how long it could take to download

I don't know if you heard this, Brigada has influenced many teenagers in Russia and Ukraine. After the movie was released many teens started to form gangs and actually name them selfs after the characters in the movie. There were a couple of times when those gangs killed people to prove to each other who could be "Beliy" (the leader of brigada in the movie)
    There was this time when in Ukraine, 4 guys were sitting in a diner arguing who is Beliy and they ended up killing a whole family who was sitting next to them. Stupid bastards totally misunderstood the movie. Brigada were never after just killing for no reason, they were businessmen. It became sort of like Scarface in United States.
    They actually wanted to make Brigada 2 ,but after all of the things that went on many people are against it.
    I hadn't heard about that, but I'm not surprised. I think that anyone that says movies and TV shows don't influence the young are very wrong. We have all kinds of copycat crimes after some movie comes out, they aren't always reported. Even some TV shows like "jackass" and "Beavis and Butthead" playing with matches, has kids trying the same stunts at home, even with the clear warning "don't try this at home" - which only encourages them to try it!

I was born on Crimean Peninsula in Sevastopol. I've been all over Unkraine but never been in Chernighov.
    We haven't been to Crimea together yet (she's been there) but it's on our agenda, if we go in the summertime when it's warm. I know it's supposed to be very nice then, and a lot of tourists come at that time.

How was CES. Is there a website with all of the technological toys from the CES? I want to buy a mp3/video player. I saw on Tech TV something about Creative mp3/video player but nothing else so far. There is rca lyra that plays mpg files but I read that it sucks.
    CES was huge, and very crowded this year. We had a very hard time even finding a parking place. Wound up parking half a mile away and walking there. They said there were 110,000 people but it felt like there were twice that many, it was hard to even walk in some places. I got so tired that we decided to only go on Saturday and spent Sunday visiting friends. So we really only spent most of one day there, not really enough time to check out much, just to find whatever "goodies" we could get and move on the the next booth. This year we got dozens of Pens, Chocolate, 6 T-shirts (some really nice ones from Creative Labs), Bags of all kinds, CD holders, Chapsticks, Flashlights, Soccer balls, luggage tags, playing cards, keychains, CD's, calendars...and some other assorted junk

It was interesting, if you want to check out some of what was there, look at this link:
    http://www.cnet.com/4520-7912_1-5112003-1.html

All in all, kind of average for goodies, we had hoped to win a nice 20 Gig MP3 player from Creative (spinning the wheel to win) but all we got were T-shirts. Maybe next year...

That's about all for now, keep downloading and let me know if you see something new/interesting on the forums for d/l. Talk to you later...

Roundabout
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Roundabout.

How did you like Brigada. I finished downloading two episodes already and almost done with the rest. Can't wait to see it again. Did you burn it on DVD? If so how many episodes did you write on one cd? I figure I might burn 3 per dvd disk.

There are a lot of good movies that I like that are new. I don't know if you seen Bumer. Bumer earned many awards at European festivals. I don't know if you will like it though, Russian and European movies are very different from American cinima. You probably seen Osobenosti nacionalnoy ribalki, Osobenosti nacionalnoy ohoti, Osobenosti nacionalnoy ohoti v zimniy period etc. I think those comedies are a classic (except the newest one Osobenosti nacionalnoy politiki, I didin't like it), all of them are extremely funny for a Russian . Especiall Osobenosti nacionalnoy ribalki.

Crimea is very beatiful in the summer. Black sea is a great place to go for a vocation. They cleaned it up real nice now too ,since before it was cheaper for people to go to Turkey rather then Crimea. Now when Turkey is a lot less accessible (I don't really know why. I believe it got something to do with taxes and the government blocking off the routes.) more people go to Crimea and demand higher quality of service.

My grandmother lives in Sevastopol. She owns an apartment that is like 3 mins from the beach that she rents out to tourists. I told my mom that you might be going to Crimea and she told my grandma. If you go, you can stay in the apartment for free. It's in a very good spot next to the beach.
    They'll be glad to have you. I will pm you my contact info. I don't want to put it out for everyone.

I noticed something about Emule. Whenever the pc is running without me using it the speeds are great, but when I start using it the speeds always drop. For example sometimes I check the speed and it's 60 but when I use TMPGEnc or even when I browse the net, all the downloads stop or drop to like 3 to 10. I guess maybe the processor or something else can't handle all of the processes.

Peace.
    Max
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    slimmx,

Hi again...

Actually we haven't watched "Brigada" yet, wife was watching "Grazhdanin Nachalnik" over the last couple of days (I didn't watch it) and we haven't had a chance to look at it, but we did watch Pesnya Goda 2004 parts 1 -4 (still d/l parts 5, 6). Lots of interesting music (I'm actually starting to like Russian pop music more than American...and the names are becoming more and more familiar to me- Leonid Agutin, Katya Lel, Alla Pugacheva, Irina Allegrova, Verka Serduchka, Larisa Dolina, Kristina Orbakayte, Tatyana Bulanova, Ani Lorak, Ruslana...and so on).

Wife is going to a Verka Serduchka concert in Los Angeles tonight, I have to go shortly to bring her to a friends house and they're going together. Tickets were $33.00, not bad (maybe a lot of money for a Russian act, though?)

I want to watch Brigada, but since I know what happens when we start watching something we can't stop - there's 15 parts and it'll take the entire day to see it all and she'll be tired from translating, that's why we've put it off a few days. I'll let you know what I think of it after we watch the entire series. My wife said "Grazhdanin Nachalnik" was O.K., but she liked "Instruktor" better. Also she was watching a concert of Vladimir Vinokur and likes that a lot.

I didn't burn "Brigada" on DVD, don't have a DVD burner. I've decided to wait for the newer ones with dual layer, since they'll be out soon. Meanwhile, I've put everything onto CD-R and since most things like "Brigada" are 700MB per episode, this works out pretty well (though it took 15 CD-R's to fit it all!)

I was going to d/l "Bumer" (is that "beemer" in English, short for BMW? I thought it was about a car, maybe I'm mistaken). I saw it a while back and was going to d/l it but didn't know if it was interesting or not. I'll probably get it now that you said it was good. I didn't like "Osobenosti Nacionalnoy Politiki" either, it didn't make a lot of sense to me, and she didn't like it either. I haven't seen the others that you mentioned, O.N.Ribalki or Ohoti - haven't even seen them for d/l anywhere. I just got "DMB" (demobilized?) but haven't watched it yet. Also "Poker S Akuloi" and "Letniy Dozhd" were a couple of others we got but haven't watched.

As for eMule, I noticed the same thing you noticed, especially if I'm using anything that takes up processor time - like encoding. Web surfing doesn't seem to affect it much, but if I try to do encoding it slows way down or stops. I also notice that when it finishes a large file (like 700MB) it stops completely, and freezes eMule while it finishes completing the file. Then it continues when the file shows "complete" but all the downloads that were going beforehand stop and the d/l speed drops to zero and take a long time to restart. Apparently anything that takes a lot of processor time slows it down considerably. Not much we can do about it, but eventually the speeds pick back up to where they left off. I'm just wondering if a faster PC would work any better for this purpose, or if they all have this happen?

Anyway, I sent you an PM on the other thing we were talking about, and I'll e-mail you later on. Thanks again for the offer, hope to hear from you soon.

Dyakuyu...
    Roundabout
    Quote Quote  
  6. Roundabout thanks a lot for this thread. I bought a 802.11g router and modem and the firewall has been right playing me up. Your posts made it really easy for me to set it up (as the screens are almost the same) and now I am getting a nice average 60kbs, happy days.

In response to your last post about a faster computer stopping the mule when it completes a file. It does not matter it seems to happen period whatever the pc, check my specs above and that even happens to me.

Again thanks a lot !!!
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  7. One more question, last night on emule I had a high id, today I have a low id, what controls this ?

Cheers

Russ
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Russ,

If you had a high ID and now it's a low ID, check and see if you're on the same server as when you had the high ID. Since the time that the new version of eMule Plus came out, I've noticed a bug that seems to occur at times causing a low ID on some servers. On eMule v1g, it didn't happen. On v1h, it didn't happen either, but that version crashed my PC every day. With the latest version (v1i), it doesn't crash, but on rare occasions it does get a low ID with some servers, even though the ports are opened and it had a high ID previously with a different server. It seems to just be a bug in the latest version. No way of knowing if it'll happen with the next version or not. The other thing that could happen is that your ISP blocked the ports, but that's not likely if you haven't been d/l very long (or long enough to be noticed, anyway). BTW: You can log onto any server you want by just double clicking on the line in the server window, it will disconnect from the current server and attempt to log onto the one you clicked on. It may not log on if the server is full, however.

The best thing to do if you know all your ports are opened and you haven't had that problem before, is to note which servers give you a high ID and change the priority on them to high (they may be on normal or low). That way, when you lose a connection to a good server (like Razorback or S.E.D.G.) you can go directly to a server that more likely than not give you a high ID. I'm on Razorback right now, and try to stay on there or SEDG as much as possible. Also, you should leave eMule running 24/7 for best results, as when you log off you lose your place in the queue - not a big problem if you are d/l very popular files, but if you are getting rare files like myself and slimmx, we are d/l files that sometimes have only 2 or 3 sources, and we can't afford to lose our place in line.

OTOH, if you are getting popular pr0n, there might be hundreds of sources and it's not necessary to stay online all that time. It all depends on your own situation and what files you are trying to get.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer whatever I can. Glad I could be of help to you in setting up your router.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roundabout may ask your advice and help on this subject. I have read this post at least 8 times in detail in trying to correct my "firewalled status" on edonkey. I have a Linksys wireless router and have configured both it and edonkey with the correct port settings as per instructions from this post. I have also disabled XP firewall yet I still get extremely low download times, 1-2. I can connect but message at bottom of edonkey screen says, "connected, firewalled". Any suggestions? I am not running any other software that I am aware of that would create a firewall. Below is my setup. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice. Thank you.

Windows XP Home
    Athlon 2600XP
    Asus MB
    512 DDR 3200 PC
    Plex 708 DVD Writer
    Pioneer 105 DVD ROM
    Comcast Cable Internet
    Norton System Works
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    golfnut,

Are you running edonkey or eMule? The config might be different on edonkey (I don't know anyone running edonkey anymore, virtually everyone has moved to eMule since the client is updated regularly). Where are you seeing the "connected - firewalled" notice? I need a little more information in order to try and help you. The first thing I would suggest if you are running edonkey is to upgrade to eMule or eMule Plus. It will use the same part files so don't delete whatever is in your incoming files or temporary files folder.

Then we can go from there to try to figure it out.

How many files are you downloading right now? How long have you been using the program? It does take some time to build up credits with other clients and increase download speed.

Maybe you can post some screenshots of what your settings are on your router and edonkey (or eMule).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roundabout thank you for the quick reply. I am running edonkey but based on your comments I am going to delete edonkey and try emule. If I can't get emule going correctly I will let you know with screenshots of what I have done, may be a couple hours. Thanks so much for helping me with this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can go with eMule or eMule Plus (I'm running Plus, but there doesn't seem to be a large difference in them, eMule is updated more often than Plus is, however). Like I said, don't delete your temp files or incoming files folder (unless you have very little or nothing in them, in which case you won't care anyway).

I'll be on and off here this afternoon, but I'll try to check in and see how you're doing in a while. Hopefully we can find the source of your problem. Can't promise, but we'll try
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds great, thanks a million.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went through 2 routers before Roundabout helped me and told me which one works best for him(Netgear). I had linksys and it gave me problems, I was dropped from many servers too, untill it would connect me to some weird server and I would stay on it for days. The only thing is it never told me nothing about firewall only that ports are not reachable. I think he got something wrong with settings and not hardware. I bought my linksys from Ebay so I was never sure if it was me or the router.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roundabout is it possible for you to tell me how to get screen shots so I can send to you. I see a print screen button on my keyboard but do not know how to use it. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Golfnut,

I was out for a while, noticed you also asked on another thread about saving screenshots. You can use that method or you can download some freeware that will make it easier to do what you want with more functions. Try this software if you want - it's completely free and will be useful for other things as well.

MWSnap:
    "MWSnap is a small yet powerful Windows program for snapping (capturing) images from selected parts of the screen.

Current version is capable of capturing the whole desktop, a highlighted window, an active menu, a control, or a fixed or free rectangular part of the screen. MWSnap handles 5 most popular graphics formats and contains several graphical tools: a zoom, a ruler, a color picker and a window spy. It can be also used as a fast picture viewer or converter.

MWSnap does not require installation and does not need any special dlls, drivers or system files which can mess up your system.

MWSnap is freeware."
    Selected features of MWSnap are:
    5 snapping modes.
    Support for BMP, JPG, TIFF, PNG and GIF formats, with selected color depth and quality settings.
    System-wide hotkeys.
    Clipboard copy/paste.
    Printing.
    Auto-saving, auto-printing.
    Auto-start with Windows.
    Minimizing to system tray.
    An auto-extending list of fixed sizes, perfect for snapping images for icons and glyphs.
    A zoom tool for magnifying selected parts of the screen.
    A ruler tool for measuring screen objects lengths.
    A color picker showing screen colors with separated RGB parts.
    Fast picture viewer.
    Adding frames and mouse pointer images.
    Multilevel configurable undo and redo.
    Multilingual versions.
    Configurable user interface.
    And more...

Download it here:
    http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Some others are:
    Grabzilla: www.freetoall.info

or Hoversnap: http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

There are many others available, if you do a google search for "freeware screen capture utility" or a similar search.

UPDATE: I'm going to be out for an hour or two (it's 3:00 PST now), but I'll answer you as soon as I get back. Meanwhile, you can work on getting the screenshots posted and I'll check back in as soon as I can.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roundabout thanks the link on the free software for screenshots. Right now my head is splitting so I don't really feel like taking a couple hours just yet to learn how to use so I am going to try and explain what the latest is. Good news/bad news. I got connected to emule, I have downloaded 5 files about 3 hours ago. When I click transfer tab it shows the 5 files and status of "waiting". When I click on 'statistics" it shows zeros in practically all important categories such as download tab, etc. even though I have been connected for 3 hours. Is this norma? Will it take this long to download files. I did go into preferences tab and enter correct values for download/upload speeds after calling Comcast to get them. My download speed (I am on Comcast Cable) is 413 kilobytes and my upload speed is 38 (at 80%) kilobytes. Am I doing something wrong or does it take this long for new users to have files downloaded, if so I am not so sure emule is for me. Thanks again for your help and patience.

golfnut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roundabout, UPDATE. I just tried to do a search and got error message, "You are not connected to server". How can this be when I just connected and did a search a couple hours ago? I am at a complete loss!

golfnut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi golfnut,

O.K. I'm back.
    First of all, if you aren't connected to a server, you won't find any sources except through sources exchange with other clients - this is not very effective and you really must be connected to a server in order to find sources for your download.

So let's start with the basics: Do you have a High ID? See my example below on what to look for, it's in the bottom right side of the eMule screen. The High ID is important in order to get the maximum amount of sources, and some servers won't even allow you to log on if you have a Low ID (noted with yellow arrows on the globe icon). So take a look and tell me what you see.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, in the bottom right hand corner I have no globe, what I have is a box entitled "my info" with a drop down arrow. When you scroll down it says,
    "connected", next scroll says "High ID", next scroll down gives my ID number, next scroll down gives my IP address. It has just started downloading some of the files as I write. I think I have the capture software working, I will try to send pictures.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using eMule or eMule plus? This may be a difference as the eMule plus that I'm running has the globe at the bottom no matter which screen I am on.

To have a High ID, your userid number has to be over 16777216. Any number higher than that indicates that you have a high ID. Also, you can go to this webpage to check your configuration:

http://www.thedonkeynetwork.com/connection_test

Run the test to see what the results are.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Emule version 0.30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    User ID number is 502741828
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So it apparently is slightly different from eMule Plus, but I think we can still work with it. Check my previous post for an update. Do you have a High ID?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    O.K. You definitely have a High ID. How many files are you downloading at once?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roundabout here are some screen shots if I did it correctly.

(img)picture1.jpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right now downloading or trying to download 6 files, 2 are downloading and 4 are not.

When I clicked on your connection test link it read "error, retest and gave my internal ip address. Whats this mean?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    {img}https://www.videohelp.com/forum/images/guides/picture1.jpg{/img}
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It means you didn't reach their server for the test. It should have returned a result like this one I did just now:

Are you forwarding port 4662 on your router? If you are using some other port (I'm using 4682) you have to change the number to the correct one before running the test.
    Quote Quote