VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I just purchased a Sony DRU-510A. I have the drive installed in a ADS Dual Link Firewire/USB2.0 enclosure. I'm using the firewire portion of the enclosure to connect to my PC. Everything seems to run perfectly, but I can't seem to simply play DVD's from the drive. DVD's play perfectly fro my internal Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-ROM. The DVD app that I'm using is AsusDVD and it definitely sees the drive because I can browse the folders on the DVD. The weird thing is that video does show up when I use DVD Shrink to re-author from that drive. Sounds like an issue with the Asus app. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks everyone,
    Ben
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ben,
    I recently bought at 510a and the same ADS enclosure and have not mounted it yet....so I am interested in your progress. Don't understand the DVD playback thing-it does sound like a software issue. Others on this board have reported using the enclosure with the 510 with success in all respects.
    Other than the one issue, has everything else worked in the configuration?
    Milt
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using a generic Firewire, USB1&2 case I picked up for $39 with a Sony u14 that works just fine, but I use power DVD xp. The drive is currently hooked up via firewire, man I love firewire. Set the drive to master drive for the external case. Other than that works well. I am able to burn to 3 dvd burners all sony at the same time..

woohoo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Milt,

The drive/enclosure combo works flawlessly. I haven't revisited my problem after reinstalling the OS on my PC. I'll get to that when I get a chance and report back here. Other than that I've burned about 4 DVD's (+/-) and haven't had any hiccups. The enclosure is hooked up to a Belkin firewire card which I purchased because it was based on the TI firewire chipset and cheaper than other cards that were based on the same chipset.

Ben
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, I've tested with the SOnic Cineplayer and things work just fine. It seems that the Asus DVD player has problems playing back from a Firewire drive.
    Quote Quote