VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I am looking for cheap Cartridges, I have been searching the web for days with not much luck. I have found the best priced for the black ink at bestbuy.com for $12.99. I need some 100% compatible inkjet cartridges with a always full InkLevel chip.

Epson Cartridges below

Black Ink Cartridge T048120
    Cyan Ink Cartridge T048220
    Magenta Ink Cartridge T048320
    Yellow Ink Cartridge T048420
    Light Cyan Ink Cartridge T048520
    Light Magenta Ink Cartridge T048620

Thanks for any Help
    MrBossman
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can I get some help?

Please
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What you really need is an epson chip resetter,A device that you put your cartridge to and press against the chip and it brings it back to full as many times as you want,You can find this device at most ink refill places online.There is software that also resets the ink levels on the chip but only works with certain epson printers.Hope that helps you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrbossman
    Can I get some help?

Please
    If help could be had, you would get it. Give it a chance to age a little. Your printer has only been out for a few weeks. It takes some time to track down a supplier for the empty carts, then to test it with the chips. Until that happens, your best bet is the chip reset tool, a drill bit, syringes, and ink.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I never refill or buy knockoffs specially when printing to cd's. Epsons are little more but the quality and reliability is 100% all the time for me. The headaches it cause is not worth saving a buck in my opinion.

ChunkT
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone checked to see if the R300 uses the same carts as any other model? I just checked my supplier, but they don't list the R300 yet. They do now have the 960 listed.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello

I have found CHEAP compatible Cartridges, But can they be refilled ? Do they use the correct ink that wont clog the printer head ?

http://store.yahoo.com/4inkjets/eprxinkcat0s.html

I am thinking about buying these Cartridges and refelling them.

Thanks for any help

MrBossman
    Quote Quote  
  8. I give up.. Is it a 14-pk or 10-pk??
    Quote Quote  
  9. It is a 14 pack 4 blacks 2 of every other color.

That’s the one I am thinking about buying. So I can have extra for refilling. I have ordered from them before with out any problems for my HP.

This look like a good deal. I am just curious if they are refillable ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, they are all refillable if you have a drill and a cheap reset device that works with these carts. The price is pretty good, but you might want to buy just one cart and see if it can be reset. MAybe a tool like this: http://www.epsonchipresetter.com/
    They say it works with the R300. Then you would only need one more full set of carts (one empty set and one full set). And if these are the same chips as the older carts, then you could buy some always full chips, and glue them onto the carts. Only bad part of that is you never know when to refill the carts.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got my R300 a month ago and since then I was able to print ~300 DVDs which is around 30 cents per DVD. I think it's a pretty good price for the quality you get. I print at -1 and -2 settings.

Enjoy!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Jet Tec cartridges will be available for the R300 from February. as will chip setters and refill kits. you can buy these and all your other consumables at www.proprint.co.uk

Regards
    NetGhost
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ha village idiot

Can I refill the cart that came with the R300 ?

Thanks
    MrBossman
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From what the chip resetter link said, yes it looks like you can. I would still buy one complete set of carts. Refill the extra just before actually removing hte one that is in the printer. You don't want the printhead exposed to air any longer than need be. Leaving the printhead exposed (uncapped with no cartridge installed) will lead to head clogs. This is the most common source of Epson head clogs. Most people just use one set of carts. When one runs out, they pull it and then refill it, and put it back in. The time it can take to refill the cart allows the printhead to dry out on 2 sides (the spray side, and the cart side), this can result in a permanently clogged head!

So refill spare cart, then swap is what I suggest. If you find little plugs for the bottom of the cart, you could refill a day or 2 before you need to replace, that might be a little easier. You might also want the plugs for the actual refilling, sometimes when you are squirting the fresh ink into the empty cart, it will drip out of the bottom. Makes a big mess, and with the 3 color (or more) carts, can contaminate the other colors!

If I was you, I would buy a reset tool, and one of the color carts that claims to work with the R300, and give it a try. Then if it does work on the stock and replacement carts, you only need to order the other 5 carts to have the full set of spares. Then all you need is a set of syringes and some bulk ink. I suggest the "plug and play" ink from MediaStreet for best compatibility.

If I was to make a guess, I would say that each of the carts has the same chip as the other models of black cart. You could look into buying some of the always full chips, if you wanted to convert your printer to constant ink supply. But that is just a guess. The chips are just held on be 2 little plastic posts, so removeal is simple, then just glue the always full chips onto the carts where the old ones came off.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hello

Has any one tried the ink from printer filling station ?

http://www.printerfillingstation.com

It's alot cheaper than other that are said to be compatiable.

I question the compatiablity of all the inks that I have found.

Thanks
    MrBossman
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Man, they are expensive! $60.00 for a set of 6 four once bottles, and who knows if they work.

I guess you didn't try looking for bulk ink at http://www.mediastreet.com ? The 6 color set of four once bottles is only $42.21 plus shipping. I have used their pigment inks for the last 5 years with no problems! I would think that the OEM type, plug and play inks should be of the same quality as the pigment inks, and therefore should work without problems. Take a look and see if you think they will work for you, I think they will. They do not yet list carts for the R300, but they will. This is the only place I can recommend. Maybe M I S ink from Inkjet Mall, or InkjetArt but I have never used those. If you are not sure about the quality of ink from a particular dealer, then I suggest ink from Mediastreet, but in the end, do what you want.

Here's a link to the ink http://www.mediastreet.com/cgi-bin/tame/mediastreet/ink_bottles.tam?&case=epson#order

Here's a link to the chip resetter http://www.mediastreet.com/cgi-bin/tame/mediastreet/ucr.tam

Send them a question and they will answer, so ask them about the resetter to make sure it works with the R300, if they are not sure, find out if you can return it if it doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Ha Idiot

I have looked on Mediastreet.com but I can't find the right set of ink. The one I thought was the correct one was $125.00 not $42.15. Can you post the link on Mediastreet for the correct ink ?

Thanks
    Boss
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The R300 uses simple dye based inks right? Then you only need the plug and play inks in bulk. The ones you must have looked at were the pigment inks, which will work, but there are other concerns with those inks. I must have added the links after you looked at the post, sorry, it was edited a couple of times.

at any rate, just look for the "plug-N-play" inks

Check this for the different versions explained:

http://www.mediastreet.com/cgi-bin/tame/support/generations_info.tam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another $7.00 for 6 syringes

http://www.mediastreet.com/cgi-bin/tame/mediastreet/syringe.tam

Now you can feel like a junkie too, and without the bothersome addiction
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just checked the Epson site, and the R300 uses standard dye based inks.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Titanlogic.com
    Accessories
    Item Cost Quantity Ext. Cost
    T048120 - Epson T0481 - Print cartridge - 1 x black $12.99
    T048220 - Epson T0482 - Print cartridge - 1 x cyan $9.23
    T048520 - Epson T0485 - Print cartridge - 1 x light cyan $9.23
    T048320 - Epson T0483 - Print cartridge - 1 x magenta $9.23
    T048620 - Epson T0486 - Print cartridge - 1 x light magenta $9.23
    T048420 - Epson T0484 - Print cartridge - 1 x yellow $9.23
    shopping Cart subtotal: $59.14
    Quote Quote  
  22. Those are pretty good prices, but they are all on backorder.

Originally Posted by dsparadise
    Titanlogic.com
    Accessories
    Item Cost Quantity Ext. Cost
    T048120 - Epson T0481 - Print cartridge - 1 x black $12.99
    T048220 - Epson T0482 - Print cartridge - 1 x cyan $9.23
    T048520 - Epson T0485 - Print cartridge - 1 x light cyan $9.23
    T048320 - Epson T0483 - Print cartridge - 1 x magenta $9.23
    T048620 - Epson T0486 - Print cartridge - 1 x light magenta $9.23
    T048420 - Epson T0484 - Print cartridge - 1 x yellow $9.23
    shopping Cart subtotal: $59.14
    Quote Quote  
  23. Followed this thread with interrest, just started to get into refilling myself ( I have the Epson Stylus Photo 950) and I believe it use the same type of cartridges as R300, and if you want to learn more about the cartridge (its very complex) and how to refill it, check the link below..
    He is refilling the 2200 cartridge, but they are identical, only difference, they use different type of ink..

http://www.jondokken.com/Epson2200/a2200Epson.htm

I have also been looking at Mediastreet as a supplier for ink, but I was thinking about Standard Generations Ink Set: (G3), maybe I´ll go for the plug n play ink instead, since the 950 use dye based ink as well..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The big problem with the Generations ink is that you will need new ICM profiles to make it work well, and even then, windoze doesn't work with ICM very well. If they had some profiles for download, then it would be a little easier to deal with. The G4 inks are nice, as are the G6. You could run the G6 inks if you want, but you would need to flush the printheads before using them, else suffer from headclogs. You can order all versions with the pure carbon black (waterproof), or the other black that has 25% dye ink to make it more black.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hey Village...Thanks for your explanation...

Do you or any others have any experiences with ink from www.printerfillingstation.com..

They say their pigmented ink for my printer are "original"..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, the 950 uses dye ink, so it would be hard to say that a pigment ink is original. Otherwise, I have never used them. The only models that use pigment ink as the stock ink say DuraBrite, or UltraChrome (DuraBrite is the consumer version, UltraChrome is the "pro" version, there is little difference between the 2 inks).

Printer filling station has a pretty good reputation for its generic inks, but then you also find a few complaints.. don't know which way to steer you with them.

For info on refilling the chips carts here is a pretty good link for a do it yourself chip reset tool:

http://www.eddiem.com/photo/printer/chipreset/resetchip.html

You might want to wander around his site, he has some good ideas.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Is it possible to use DuraBrite (or UltraChrome) ink with the R300 printer?

From what i've heard, those inks are way better in durability.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by erito
    Is it possible to use DuraBrite (or UltraChrome) ink with the R300 printer?

From what i've heard, those inks are way better in durability.

You can use third party pigment inks, but you will need to mess with color correction to get it to look good. Epson does not sell the Durabrite inks in bulk, and they do not use the same carts for the Durabrite inks. They really want you to buy a new printer so they can make more money.
    Quote Quote  
  29. ahhh some kind'a business rules from Epson...
    thanx village idiot

If someone has tried this with good color correction result, please post your opinion.

I think i'll go with the stock ink and use Krylon matte spray or something to preserve the most valuable photos/dvd's
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Hicky
    Followed this thread with interrest, just started to get into refilling myself ( I have the Epson Stylus Photo 950) and I believe it use the same type of cartridges as R300, and if you want to learn more about the cartridge (its very complex) and how to refill it, check the link below..
    He is refilling the 2200 cartridge, but they are identical, only difference, they use different type of ink..

http://www.jondokken.com/Epson2200/a2200Epson.htm
    Don't do it!! The TO48x cartridges are different. At this time I think they are proprietary to the R300 and R500X. The spot he shows to fill the 2200 cartridge is blank space in the R300 cartridges. I opened one up and spent a few hours studying it. The only way to effectively fill the R300 cartridge is to open up one of the mylar taped openings on the bottom, with the cartridge laying flat on its back, seal the open hole to an ink supply and apply suction (With the adapter he showed) to the outlet valve. Once ink starts to flow out the valve the cartridge is full.

I like the way he drilled the screw on caps on the ink supply bottles, this would work well for this process. Using different size model aircraft fuel line and maybe some very slender medical tubing (Such as used in a blood test butterfly) I think an effective fill device could be improvised.

Only part I can't figure out (Yet) is how to reseal the hole. The film covering the holes is obviously a heat sealed film of some sort. Anybody have an idea for a tape or small plug of some sort to use?
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, Mi.
    1-800-837-9200
    Quote Quote