VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    LOL, Actually it was kinda funny how I came across this coupon code.

Although I am sure there are a lot of other ways to get codes, I got this one in my email from CBS SPORTS. I was an active member posting on their boards during last years NFL season and had to subscribe and I just used my hotmail account. I checked it recently and found the code in there from office depot, guess they partnered with cbs.

Im waiting on a better code down the road .
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone have word on how those aftermarket carts are holding up?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have been using http://www.1800ink.com for years with my Epson printers. They sell generic cartridges, and they are good quality. Not like my experiences with buying other generic cartridges from stores or other companies. And, if you add everything up, it is actually cheaper to buy the cartridge than refill it. Go to pricegrabber.com and you will find the T048120 for $8.85, the T048220 for $7.00, and all with free shipping. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    www.inkgrabber.com Ink cart for the R300 have proven perfect for me. They go for around $6 and change so I bought a full set. They load without any problems and so far the printer/computer has not detected them as " not Epson " as some others tend to do. It's all on the type of chip that's on them I can only guess. After ink charging, I always run a nozzle check and that has been 100% good for the last 4 carts ( colors ) I've installed. Next will the yellow followed by the black. I also bought 5 each of the 6 colors for my Cannon S830 and so far they have installed perfectly. The cool thing was the price $1.95 each. Free ground shipping was included. One odd thing was that they have a "Twin" company that your payment gets charged to. When you go to that website which looks identical to the www.inkgrabber.com page, you can't help but notice that the prices are MUCH higher!!!
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
  5. jtoolman: thanks for the post .. good to know as I just received some carts from them but have yet to try. Any other tips besides the nozzle check?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. Do run the ReAlinging procedure after each addition. The carts are not indentical clones cosmetically, though for me, they are working perfectly well. The parts that matter fit the printhead carriage perfectly. There is a little clip you have to remove from the little spring tab on the back of hte cart and peel off the tape of the top vent. That is not found on REAL carts. Other than that it's been 100% so far. I print MANY DVDs as I run a small business from my home selling instructional DVDs
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, I'm half-way thru my original ink cartridges on my R300..

Just to confirm.. Is refilling GENERIC compatible cartridges, i.e., from inkgrabber.com, a much easier undertaking than refilling the original Epson cartridges? I've got an Epson C80 and refilling is a breeze--drill hole properly at top-right of cartridge, plug nozzle-opening at bottom and simply insert syringe into drilled hole and slowly refill.. that's it..

Same process with the generic compatible R300 cartridges?? I saw the refill instructions for the original Epson cartridges.. um .. not too anxious to undertake that process.. please advise... Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. 30% through my G&G aftermarkets. No problems yet.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have a chip resetter? If so, would you mind telling where you got it? What bulk ink are you using as well? I would consider refilling and I did that expensively on previous Epsons to include a Continuous Ink Supply sytem for my old 1270, but the price of the www.inkgrabber.com carts is 1/2 of Epson's and I do use it for business use so it's not really that bad.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I purchased my chip resetter and bulk ink from www.printerfillingstation.com for my C80. I haven't decided which direction I'm going with my R300 yet..

printerfillingstation.com has set of bulk ink (6 refills) for the R300 for ~$53 shipped. My concern right now is finding a nice set of generic cartridges that are easily refillable with a simple drill and refill method. From what feslope says, the generics are much easier to refill... Can someone confirm? Thx.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FromZto850
    Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    I dont know about other generics, but stay away from the ones I bought--See pic above a few lines.

By the way, I bought all 6 cartridegs at Office Depot for $60.77 which includes tax 7%. I used a $20.00 off coupon to get that final price.
    BTW, where did you find the coupon code? I looked all over Office Depot's site & couldn’t find a coupon code link or anything related.
    I always get my Coupon codes at www.fatwallet.com go the Hotdeal Forum, and do a search like "Staples Coupons" ...they are always kept updated with the latest codes. Also Google can find code sites.....
    JET
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello

jbenj01 I have refilled the G&G aftermarket cartridges that feslope talks about. I sent the empty cartridges to him for him to analyze for me he seems to have much more experienced than myself.

My G&G aftermarket cartridges have a rubber plug on top under the label. you just remove the label and plug an fill the cartridge. I have filled the cartridge with no problems. I bought a chip resetter from Media Street it resets the aftermarket cartridges but not the original Epson cartridges. I need a chip resetter that dose both.

Thanks
    for any help

MrBossman
    Quote Quote  
  13. There was some concern about leaking... Have you seen this - maybe in the waste ink dump?
    Quote Quote  
  14. triphop

Is this area easly seen ? "waste ink dump"

Thanks
    MrBossman
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have not looked for it on my R200 (new with original cartridges) but all Epsons (probably ALL others but I dont know here) have them. Its a small container with an absorbent material that soaks up excess ink. This ink often comes from head cleaning. The head normal parks so that any leakage ends up in this container. So if there is a sizable amount in the dump volume, its a possible sign that things are not right with your printer especially if it is new printer.

If I sound vague, its because this is not something I know much about
    Hoping one of the printer heavyweights could weigh in here...
    Quote Quote