VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I hope someone one can help me out. I have just used SHrink to back up both discs to The Godfather part 2 and I want to add them both to only 1 disc. I tied dragging both of their VIDEO_TS folder, but they are both label "Title 1." Does anyone know away I can get it to work? TIA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this what you want?
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, Will. I tried it, but whenever I dragging in or open files for the second disk it overrides the first disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could use TMPGENC DVD author to join the two discs. If you are ripping movie only, just select the first disc's movie only titleset, then the second disc's movie only titleset when you import dvd video into the program. TMPGENC will join the two parts of the movie without any gaps. You can't keep original menus, but you can create a basic menu and keep the original chapter information.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the Godfather DVD set for Christmas. i would like to also back them up. This is my plan. Does it sound OK?

Movies 1 & 3 I extracted using DVd Decrypter and split them using IFOedit. Two disks for each movie. I also created an .ISO to use to burn with DVd Decryper.

Movie 2 is a little more complicated. I extracted both disks with DVD Decrypter and use DVDShrink to shink them both to the size of 2 DVD-5's... 10.5GB to 8.8GB about 80%. Then I use Deep Analysis and then "backup". After it was done, I thought I could use IFO edit to split my newly joined movie but it will only allow me to split each seperate group of .VOB's. DVD Shrink made two sets of .VOB's, one for each movie part. What else can I do to split this movie to two disks now? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Quote Quote