VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot make another post so soon after your last, please try again in a short while

I keep getting this error.
    Have changes to this server been made?

I type fast. I have a fast connection. Sometimes my answers are short. It's hard to use the board now, makes me wait long time between posts.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're right first time I have seen that. You would have to be damn quick for it to really effect you though. I am also on a fast connection, and I posted those 2 messages as close together as possible. The first time I got the message that you noted. I then waited about 10 seconds and tried again and it posted ok. Perhaps the duration is variable and the time between posts was longer when you got your message. Because I dont see how it would affect me in practice. I posted 2, 1 word replies as quickly as I could and got the error, as soon as I resubmitted the second reply it accepted it ok.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm only at the forums 2-3 times per day, maybe 5-10 minutes each ... I open several windows at once from stuff I see on the front page, and then the CAPTURE and OFF TOPIC forums. I think and respond/type quick, then get on with my day.

As of yesterday, I started getting that error, has about a 15+ second lead time before I can post again.

Not sure if Baldrick did this. And if so, whether on purpose or accident. And if it's an old thing, maybe I'm just getting faster.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Fixed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So that must mean that FLOOD CONTROL is turned off now... If you promise not to ban me, I might be able to show you why that is not such a good idea. Baldrick, PM me if you would like an explaination instead of a demonstration, I don't want to explain it in an open forum.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It isn't turned off. I changed it back to 30 seconds...I just tested 60 seconds.
    Quote Quote