VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I'm new to this stuff, so bare with me

I tried burning a movie an svcd on TMPGEnc, but when played on the dvd, the colors had lost alott of it's sharpness and clarity.

I guess it'c douce it's a bigger screen then on the comp, but is there any way to get aroundt this?
    Would really appreciate help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can increase the bit rate, so it can increase the quality a little. Or, you can burn the movie as a DVD, if possible.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so how much should i increase it with?
    don'tthink i can burn it as a dvd.
    how do you do that?
    what i know, you can only use vcd and svcd on my program
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You use the wizard, and when you get to screen 4/5 adjust the bit rate as high as it will go while still fitting on a single CD. This will create a XSVCD, some DVD players can play it, others can't. Try encoding a 5 minute sample or so, and see if it works for you.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do I check that?
    I mean that would mean I would use an entire cd just to check it it woul work right?
    couce one can't erase what you oncemade right?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Someone should have told you: Use CD-RWs if you are just starting out. These you can reuse as often as you like. To make a sample video, follow the wizard steps as before, but when you get to screen 3/5, double click on source range.

When the source range window comes up, move the slider until about five minutes is displayed in the upper left part of the display. Select Set end frame, to mark the end of the video you wish to encode. Select OK. This will encode only the first five minutes of your video. Proceed as before.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah knew about the source thing, didn't really know about RW styff though, heh I kinda thought if you've seen one print cd you've seen them all ^_^

oh well looks like i'm gonna have to go out and by me a set of CD-RW's thanks alott for the help
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh maybe i should ask
    what is a good resolution?

on the cd i first tried and the color went bad some of the subtitle (it's in japanese) didn't show.
    could you reccomend a size that's good?
    Quote Quote