VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, i am pretty new to this stuff so i dont know a whole lot! I just want to contvert DVD rip(avi files) into a file that my DVD player will play! Do i have to use a template? Which one PAL or NTSC? VCD or SVCD etc...?

Please email me zmetana@shaw.ca or post but i am prob have more questions for fine tuning
    My ICQ #89190919
    whoever can help i would be very thankful and hopefully keep in touch and share movies and stuff!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. please read the "How-To" section
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, please read the DVD Rip section to your left. As for NTSC vs PAL. NTSC is the standard in the US, Canada and Japan. PAL is the standard in Europe (read the What is sections to the left for more info). Use the correct one for where you live and/or your system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-14 18:38:57, Vejita-sama wrote:
    Yes, please read the DVD Rip section to your left. As for NTSC vs PAL. NTSC is the standard in the US, Canada and Japan. PAL is the standard in Europe (read the What is sections to the left for more info). Use the correct one for where you live and/or your system.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    hmm, use the correct one to correspond to your SOURCE! your DVD Player should be able yo play pal and ntsc, if you use a 29.97 NTSC template for a 25fps pal movie because you live in canada, you will end up with a very jerky video, trust me
    Quote Quote  
  5. Usually, the source DVD will be in the same TV system as the country you live in...

I agree with Yeshi though... NTSC <--> PAL conversions should be avoided as they simply don't work out well. If you DVD/TV combo really can't handle one or the other, a hardware converter will yield much better results than doing it in software.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  6. How do you find out the format (PAL or NTSC) of a divx avi file ?

Regards,

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can see if it's a NTSC or PAL by the FPS. 25 is PAL, 23.976 is NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ah, ok. Where is the FPS displayed ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually the format (NTSC or PAL) is also on the cover and/or the DVD disc itself.

As to where you can found out the framerate (fps), you can do that with DVD2AVI. Before you start asking about though, take the advice already given... read the how-to's first. There's a lot more to this site than just the forum.

Once you've gone through some the guides you can figure out which one you want to try & THEN you can come back & ask specific questions.

I put it like that because it's kind of hard to ask questions about something you don't understand to start with AND it's hard to makes sense of any reply when you have know idea what they mean.

In other words read some of the guides first! Everybody has to start at the beginning and a how-to guide is the beginning for everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sully, 100% correct!!
    We should have a disclaimer on the top of this page, read the How To first, then ask questions. Lots of the questions here can be solved by reading the How To.

Zunook and all other people that posted here, no offense ment from me or Sully. We just want to help you guys, but it's easier if people had some basic knowledge first.
    Like I said, no offense ment.
    Quote Quote