VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am converting an AVI to MPG and burning to SVCD. I made the AVI myself, and some of the audio was not very high quality, but plays all right. On the SVCD the audio that was not as high quality does not play right on my DVD player, but it does play fine on my PC. The audio that is higher quality plays fine, but the lower quality stuff is very muted. I have tried different bit rates for converting AVI to MPG, but not much help. Any suggestions??? I would really like to be able to get this to work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could you mention which software you are using to encode?

If you are at anytime converting the audio part to a wav, you should use an audio program (there are so many around) to emphasize quite bits, take out noise etc. And then mux the audio and video back together again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using Ulead Media Studio Pro 6, with their new DVD plug-in. I believe that it uses a Ligo's codec for the encoding. The lower quality audio used to make the AVI were some sound clips I downloaded off the web in WAV format. Can you elaborate on what I should do exactly to the audio? Thanks

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-10 16:11:18, aldus4 wrote:
    Could you mention which software you are using to encode?

If you are at anytime converting the audio part to a wav, you should use an audio program (there are so many around) to emphasize quite bits, take out noise etc. And then mux the audio and video back together again.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What I meant was that you take the audio part and use filters that usually come with the audio mixing software (noise, echo, bass etc.) to emphasize the audio portion of your file, so that it sounds better. It's a lot of work but if you are persistent you can do it!
    Quote Quote