VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I'm a novice and hope to receive your expert advice...

I bought this Philips DVDR 75 DVD recorder and it has a IEEE 1394 input port... Is there any any software on my laptop (Win XP) that I can use which can talk to the DVD recorder through this IEEE 1394 port?.. I mean I want to use the DVD recorder to write any data files from my laptop for backing up...

thanks a lot!
    2gud
    Quote Quote  
  2. No. Not data. This is VIDEO recorder only.

There is only HP something that can do both (no TV tuner though).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry to join so late, but I'm looking to buy a DVDR75-so I been running through sorting out info. So the comment on using the EE/port -can we record of the HD than.
    regards

tman12
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you have quite got the idea . As donpedro said the Philips DVDR75 is a video recorder it is NOT an external DVD-RW which is what you seem to think .

The only compatability with a PC is that you can take discs recorded on the 75 and put them in your pc to watch or to extract the video for editing .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking to do data transfer but to make DVD movies and home videos.

So, I could ues the port to copy a movie from the pc to the recorder. Do you think the Phillips DVDR75 is a good model, I just seen a LW-5001 DVD Plus Recorder for about $220-would this be ideal just for transfering movies from a VCR to the recorder. with no editing or custom work.
    regards

tman12
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are transferring HOME movies then a DVD Recorder IS the easiest way to get them to DVD. If you are talking about transferring your store-bought factory made Hollywood movies to a DVD Recorder....forget it. Most Hollywood movies will NOT transfer to a DVD recorder due to the Macrovision protection built in to the tape. Same with Hollywood DVD's.
    Quote Quote