VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. The dvd player i have is a sony and i bought it 4 years ago. It plays vcds that i have bought in china. So i think it should play the ones i make
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Overmind1632
    The dvd player i have is a sony and i bought it 4 years ago. It plays vcds that i have bought in china. So i think it should play the ones i make
    Why would you think that. The ones you have bought are probrably pressed. The ones you make are burned. As has been said before to play burned VCD's your player needs to be capable of playing CDR's and VCD's. To play Pressed ones your player only needs to be able to play VCD's. If your Sony player is 4 years old it is likely that it is incapable of playing Burned CDR's, and thus incapable of playing any VCD you burn even though it has the ability to play VCD discs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So how do i make my vcds pressed. What does presed mean anyways?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Certain expensive machines make VCDs by making a glass master, and pressing, or stamping out VCDs. This is a little over the top for you, in that it costs too much, and an easier solution is to buy a DVD writer and make DVDs instead.

But if you are bent on VCDs, try Ulead Video Studio. It takes almost any video file (AVI, MPEG, etc), and burns it into a VCD, SVCD, or DVD, depending on what kind of writer you have. Try it for thirty days for free.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Overmind1632
    So how do i make my vcds pressed. What does presed mean anyways?
    You cant. It is how they are manufactured in very large quantities.

My advise would be to buy a cheap, DVD player that will play what you want. Players can be picked up nowadays for £30-40, that will play just about anything.
    Quote Quote