VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 72
Thread
  1. pauln119
    they don't work with the NEC 1300A, even with the hacked 1.08 firmware
    where did you get a hacked 1.08 from the one at Herrie's is the factory one please share your source

  2. You guys want to hear something funny? Well...I don't know where this Meritline people come from, but to my email about RMA request they responded if I would like to get a store credit. Are they for real? I mean they misrepresent the product and trying to pass lower grade product for the top grade and then still expect people to come back to them and buy more products from them? Do they really think people are that gullible? Unbelievable...or maybe their customer service truly has no clue.

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I have bought G04's from several vendors. I got 10 silver tops from Meritline and I would ahve graded them 'A'. They looked perfect cosmetically and burned flawlessly.

    I got 50 bulkpac plain from Newegg. I graded these 'B'. The edges were rough. They burned perfectly. 50 for $58 postage free is a pretty good deal, and I didn't think they would be grade A.

    As fas as I know, the difference between A and B is purely cosmetic. Most printable disks are grade A because people look closer at them. Non-printable are more likely to have labels applied so less stringent cosmetics? I never had rough edges on any of my CDR's, nor did I have any on my DVDRW's.

    I'm assuming grade C is good for video only, and not certified for DATA. This implies many things, but explains a lot. I assume grade D would all be Quality Assurance rejects (probably good out to 3+ GB).
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan

  4. Here it's from DVDINFOPro. Ritek DVD-R G04.


  5. @ QuaiBoy, it's tough not to get flamed when you post things as ignorant as you have. It's one thing to ask a question with the hopes for an answer, or actually do something much more "difficult" like research. This isn't something that can't be researched on this forum or otherwise.

    Instead of asking a question though you try to answer it with your own beliefs which are completely ignorant. Ignorant is the correct word there and that isn't flaming you, that's giving it a good description. You said "who came up with this whole grade thing"..how about every media manufacturer and reseller...that's who. It isn't about a companies reputation..it's about profit....a little common sense is all it takes to figure that out. Verbatim sells a ton of CMC produced disks which are error PLAUGED....but do you think they are worried about it? Obviously not....because they still allow for CMC produced disks. Many other examples could be given..but I suggest you try to get yourself a little knowledge on the issue as opposed to just assuming everything...because you are very lost.

    As Gazorgan stated...the difference in Grade A and B is primarily cosmetic...as I stated in a few threads. Whether or not Ritek uses lesser quality chemicals/processes to produce lower grade media is questionable. Many media manufacturerers do, infact sell lower grade media to different Countries. These online sites know what grade media they are purchasing...because they aren't going to pay a Grade A price for media that looks like the pics listed with glue issues around the disks. However, they will sell them with "NO GRADE" so that isn't false advertisement. IN addition, they can sell the disks for the same price as always...while gaining the profits per disk because they paid less per disk for them.

  6. You're right. My mistake. I'm running the factory 1.08 right now. But before that, I tried the 1.07 hacked firmware without success on the BeAll media as well.


    Originally Posted by noki
    pauln119
    they don't work with the NEC 1300A, even with the hacked 1.08 firmware
    where did you get a hacked 1.08 from the one at Herrie's is the factory one please share your source

  7. Let's go through your reply...

    Originally Posted by defense
    @ QuaiBoy, it's tough not to get flamed when you post things as ignorant as you have. It's one thing to ask a question with the hopes for an answer, or actually do something much more "difficult" like research. This isn't something that can't be researched on this forum or otherwise.
    Very constructive and informative. Might this anger come from that fact that you've perpetuated this theory in most every forum on this board? Hard to back down now, or back your argument with proof when you have none... might as well attack me.
    I've been reading posts on this forum for months, and have been building computers for eight years. I've burned DVD-Rs from Memorex, Optodisc, Ritek, TDK, and many others. I believe I've done enough research to participate in a discussion on an open forum.

    Originally Posted by defense
    Instead of asking a question though you try to answer it with your own beliefs which are completely ignorant. Ignorant is the correct word there and that isn't flaming you, that's giving it a good description. You said "who came up with this whole grade thing"..how about every media manufacturer and reseller...that's who.
    I understand this all too well, and don't dispute it. If you had READ my original post you would've been better equipped to attempt an intelligent reply...
    Originally Posted by QuaiBoy
    ... I understand internal grading routines are in place, but is there any shred of evidence to support the idea that shoddy Ritek media is purposely packaged in the same wrapper as the perfect examples? Are there any company-based comments to confirm/deny this? ...
    Do you have any proof (ie - company released criteria) of what constitutes or differentiates between a "Grade A" disc and a "Grade B" one? How about a "Grade B" and a "Grade C"? Do you have the same DVDR testing equipment as the manufacturers, or do you come up with all these ratings visually and by coaster count? My point is that a defense-certified Grade B disc could be a Ritek-certified Grade A disc... or a Grade C disc... you don't KNOW. You've presented no correlation between like discs that you've graded A, B, or C (media code, packaging, serials, etc), and you have no proof that Ritek has released less than what they consider to be a Grade A disc. Consider this thread as an example:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190236

    Here, you condemn Riteks from Newegg without having firsthand knowledge of the product. You then go on to confuse your fellow forum members by bringing the defense-certified Grading System into the thread without being able to base or reference ANY of it on fact. Very helpful! This is just one example of your misleading replies to Ritek customers that can't explain their media problems any other way.

    Originally Posted by defense
    It isn't about a companies reputation..it's about profit....a little common sense is all it takes to figure that out. Verbatim sells a ton of CMC produced disks which are error PLAUGED....but do you think they are worried about it? Obviously not....because they still allow for CMC produced disks. Many other examples could be given..but I suggest you try to get yourself a little knowledge on the issue as opposed to just assuming everything...because you are very lost.
    Blah... bunch of generalizations. I've burned several cakes of Memorex 4x DVD-Rs now (CMCMAG. AF1). How many would you like Nero DVD Speed or DVDINFO charts from? All are perfect to the edge so far (except two that turned out to be a Nero issue, not a media one). I'd agree that CMC on the whole are more trouble then they are worth, but generalizations like you've made are a dangerous thing. For instance... if I were to assume from your countless neutral and informative posts hosted on this forum that you WOULDN'T fly off the handle and attack me for drawing a different conclusion from the available heresy on Ritek DVD-Rs. My assumption based on generalization would have been proven wrong, wouldn't it?

    Originally Posted by defense
    As Gazorgan stated...the difference in Grade A and B is primarily cosmetic...as I stated in a few threads. Whether or not Ritek uses lesser quality chemicals/processes to produce lower grade media is questionable. Many media manufacturerers do, infact sell lower grade media to different Countries. These online sites know what grade media they are purchasing...because they aren't going to pay a Grade A price for media that looks like the pics listed with glue issues around the disks. However, they will sell them with "NO GRADE" so that isn't false advertisement. IN addition, they can sell the disks for the same price as always...while gaining the profits per disk because they paid less per disk for them.
    Show me proof that the media companies such as Newegg or Meritline are selling cheap are defective Riteks that were produced as lower QA media for other countries, and that the whole thing isn't just a crapshoot. I don't count proof as being quoted by you based on correspondence with someone who is "not a friend..<but> an acquantaince (sic)" who "knows the CEO of Ritek". A little bit too far removed for my taste.

    Anyway, thanks for the informative discussion. If you'd like to PM me some proof offline that would be cool. I'd personally prefer not take Shtirlits's thread any farther OT.

    -Evan-

  8. Evan, i'm not gonna PM you...i'm gonna make you look dumber then you've already made yourself look. And that's tough to do. I didn't insult you earlier, but I just did now..because you've earned it.

    You obviously have no comprehension of the English Language. "IGNORANT" means not knowledgable..and you have proved that tenfold. You are one of those people who just fabricate complete bullshit...and then try to ask questions which you also answer at the same time. Read your posts...they are extremely ignorant and you have no clue of what you are talking about. You want proof how bout you do a little research. But since you want to see it first hand....

    Here is a link from one of the most accurate sites on the net "cdfreaks"....where the media Grading system is broken down. The site is "cdfreaks" so this particular breakdown is referring to Cd Media but the grading system is extremely similar and shows the only person who "fabricated" anything is yourself.

    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread/t-70863.html

    here's a link from good ole' Meritline "claiming" to be selling GRADE A "RITEK" disks. Oh..but wait gayBoy...I made the Grading system up..so meritline stole my grading sytem...shit...can I sue them...is there a lawyer in the house. LMAO

    http://www.meritline.com/rit4xcerhigd.html

    Here's another link of an online media site selling "mainly" GRADE "A" disks such as Verbatim and Ritek. If the Verbatim are GRADE A, then they are almost certainly, MCC, RICOH, OR TAIYO YUDEN manufactured.
    It's also VERY CLEAR some of their "generic" media such as prodisc are NOT TAGGED WITH THE "GRAD A" stamp. They don't even mention a grade...so it's BUYER BEWARE on those. Could be B, C, D, or worse.

    http://www.ekatomi.com/dvd-r.asp

    I will post more links QayBoy.


    As far as proving this online sites are selling lower grade media...the media grade breakdown is right there, only the ignoramus' like yourself can't see it. The proof is in the pudding....people have gotten lower grade media and can evaluate what grade by the charts. It's pretty much common sense and something which, again, you have no clue about. Yes "Ms. ComputerBuilder for 8 years"....that REALLY makes you a big shot QayBoy....I don't think anyone on this forum will be asking you to build them a PC anytime soon.....you barely sound like you know a piece of media from a piece of ass. You also won't know an "ECC" block from a LEGO BLOCK....so hopefully this will help someone else out..

  9. Originally Posted by QuaiBoy
    Show me proof that the media companies such as Newegg or Meritline are selling cheap are defective Riteks that were produced as lower QA media...
    While no proof has been presented (aka an official document from Ritek or any other company) explaining the differences about different grades, the fact is that the sites selling this media state clearly that it's of a certain grade. In my case Ritek grade A...it's right there in the description of the product on Meritline's site.

    We can draw a number of logical conclusions from this.
    A) The whole grade thing is just a marketing gimmick manufactured by online companies selling this media.
    B) The grade rating does exist, but at this time we don't really know what it's since we don't have an official document from a company describing the differences.

    In either case it is a no win situation for a company that sell this product with either falls advertising or by trying to sell what appears to be lower quality media as top notch quality.
    One thing is for certain. What I got from Meritline isn't a quality product even if the issue is purely cosmetic one. If one goes to a store and buys let's say a digital camera you wouldn't expect it to have dry paint drops all over it's body especially when it says that it's a top of the line camera manufactured to the highest quality. Appearance is important, because this is the first impression that one gets about the product. Clearly appearance alone is useless if the functionality of the product isnít there.

    It's interesting that we seem to be seeing these lower quality disks being sold right now during the busiest shopping season of the year (and it's the end of the year as well). My speculation on this is that the companies are dumping their lower quality products to clean out their stock for the New Year and because it's one of the busiest shopping seasons and people are buying more products then usual for gifts they count on the majority of people not noticing.

  10. While no proof has been presented (aka an official document from Ritek or any other company) explaining the differences about different grades, the fact is that the sites selling this media state clearly that it's of a certain grade.
    I've posted plenty of proof for the so called "8 YEAR COMPUTER/LEGO BUILDER genius.)

    Here's another link OF AN "OFFICIAL" DVD FORUM QUALITY BREAKDOWN..of course it's "ONLY" THE OFFICIAL DVD FORUM...so that's not going to be accurate to our Lego builder either. That last link ACTUALLY SPECIFIES "DVD-R" media and what would cause a disk to be a lower grade then A. They don't go lower then Grade B/C but enough info has been already posted to decipher what would be accurately described as GRADE, C, D, & F. The main difference is cd media has C1 /C2 ERRORS while DVDR media has PI P0. The numbers min/avg/max are different, but the principle for grading still hold true as mentioned.

    http://dvd-r.safewebshop.com/testresult.htm

    That last link is interesting because it shows the level of Parity errors which must be met for the universal DVD-R format. Parity Inner <400, Parity Outer should be no more then 0. Of course, using Kprobe...it's not completely accurate and i've read many inaccuracies with it..however, all my high quality disks do show less then 1 for P0. PO is what directly affect playback ability and there's not much margin for error there as there is with PI.

    I think i've proved my point enough. But i'll keep going if necessary.

  11. Originally Posted by defense
    While no proof has been presented (aka an official document from Ritek or any other company) explaining the differences about different grades, the fact is that the sites selling this media state clearly that it's of a certain grade.
    I've posted plenty of proof for the so called "8 YEAR COMPUTER/LEGO BUILDER genius.)

    Here's another link ACTUALLY SPECIFYING "DVD-R" media and what would cause a disk to be a lower grade then A.


    http://dvd-r.safewebshop.com/testresult.htm

    I think i've proved my point enough. But i'll keep going if necessary.
    You haven't proved anything, other than the fact that certain online dealers call their media "Grade A" as a marketing hook.
    Calling me gay... there's a useful reply to the topic at hand. If the mods of this forum continue to let you post they condone unprovoked flaming and the spreading of misinformation. You're a detriment to this board.

    Other Forum Members: There are no standardized grades of this media, or any other media. If you have a bunch of coasters and the product is genuine and not B-Stock, it's because QA at <insert manufacturer here> messed up or lowered their standards. Despite whatever grading standard defense has taken it upon himself to bless us with.
    -Evan-

  12. aY boy..if I called you gay it was by hitting the incorrect key. Gay wouldn't be the word to describe you anyway. Read the last post I made QUAboy....I proved ALOT more then online sites use the "GRADE A" indicator for sales..there is a link there from the OFFICIAL DVD FORUM regarding the GRADING of media and it even specifies things such as Parity erros and jitter...of course you have no clue what any of that is. Stick to the lego building...you look like a complete ass....there's nothing left to challenge QUAboy.

    If you have a bunch of coasters and the product is genuine and not B-Stock, it's because QA at <insert manufacturer here> messed up or lowered their standards. Despite whatever grading standard defense has taken it upon himself to bless us with.
    Read jitterbug...read....can you read...seriously? Scroll down in the last link I posted..there's an OFFICIAL comparison between GRADE A AND GRADE B DISKS....again, NOT FROM ANY "ONLINE" site...but from the OFFICIAL DVD FORUM.

    I didn't think you'd be stupid enough to actually respond with more bullshit...but you proved me wrong..that's the only thing you've proved..lmao

    here's the link again: http://dvd-r.safewebshop.com/testresult.htm

    Go challenge the Official DVD FORUM...you are one real idiot.

  13. Originally Posted by defense
    While no proof has been presented (aka an official document from Ritek or any other company) explaining the differences about different grades, the fact is that the sites selling this media state clearly that it's of a certain grade.
    I've posted plenty of proof for the so called "8 YEAR COMPUTER/LEGO BUILDER genius.)
    Yep, I see it now. I guess you were posting when I was writing my reply and I didn't see the links you've posted. As far as I'm concerned you've proven your case, especially that link from DVD forum nailed it. Thank you much for your informative posts...keep 'em coming...the more information we have the more educated we're going to be on this issue.

  14. @ shtirlits, exactly...my point was to make sure nobody gets fed that bogus B.S. from Quaboy...especially when they were challenging what I was posting as being completely fabricated. Some people just don't learn..their last post proved that.

    By the way..if anyone such as QUAboy still dispute the validity of the grading of media, let's use...DVD-R media...since in this case since most of the Ritek disks people are using the DVD-R format..then go ahead and challenge the DVD FORUM. Here's an offiical email address to reach the dvdforum....i'm sure they'll be glad to answer your questions (QUAboy.)

    press@dvdforum.org

    But stop wasting other people's time with your lego building, fabricated stories.

  15. Originally Posted by defense
    @ shtirlits, exactly...my point was to make sure nobody gets fed that bogus B.S. from Quaboy...especially when they were challenging what I was posting as being completely fabricated. Some people just don't learn..their last post proved that.

    By the way..if anyone such as QUAboy still dispute the validity of the grading of media, let's use...DVD-R media...since in this case since most of the Ritek disks people are using the DVD-R format..then go ahead and challenge the DVD FORUM. Here's an offiical email address to reach the dvdforum....i'm sure they'll be glad to answer your questions (QUAboy.)

    press@dvdforum.org

    But stop wasting other people's time with your lego building, fabricated stories.
    Way to go editing your original post to remove the word "gay" you used at least 3x. But I digress...

    I'll say it again: You've proven no corelation between the DVD forum grading system and what online stores claim their media to be in their sales pitches. You've proven nothing that suggests that certain whole cakes of Ritek media conform to a certain grade, and that Ritek (or any other manufacturer) is PURPOSELY letting out shoddy media. Nothing to support your shoddy argument. Plus, you're an all-around schmuck. What's with the Lego references? Keep being such a bad boy and mommy won't get you anything this holiday season.

    Best Regards,
    -Evan-

  16. Quaboy, you just dont' know when to quit.....why keep making yourself sound like a complete jackass? Why ignoramus...you challenged everything I said..and it you were proven incorrect...your a moron..you have a very small brain..you can't read or research and the correlations have been made by me MANY TIMES.

    As far as using the word "gay"....I didn't edit ANYTHING and take out that word...my editing was adding links...that's another fact....If I wrote it..it was by mistake....if I wanted to call you Gay..I would...but I can't tell your sexual preference from the posts you made. If you called Arnold Swarzegger a Sexy hunk of beef..then that would make sense. But that's the only thing you can hang on too now..huh? Sad quaboy......

    Oh... and one more time for the imparied quaboy.....all you have to do quaboy is look at the GRADE CHARTS.....look at what would constitue GRADE A OR B OR C MEDIA.....GRADE B AS "I" AND THE DVD FORUM mentioned is purely cosmetic but with still solid results. That would indicate I received GRADE B MEDIA as did "DAVES" with his Taiyo's.....let's see....this is gonna be tough to explain to someone mentally challenged...but here's one of the correlations maybe you'll comprehend....

    DUHHHH...I taught Grade B media wuz onlee Cozmetic issSHOES...Meye Grade B media BUWNS GRRREEAT but HAZZ Cozmetic issSHOES....AHHHH...DATTT meanZ I HAS Grade B media...YEAAH...YEAAAA...DATs a CoWWELASSHION!.....i taguht I taww a Putty Tat.

    I can go on...you're a complete moron. Not only that...you said the GRADE SCALE was mine...and that the ONLINE SITES MADE THEIR OWN GRADE SYSTEM UP...you were proven WRONG AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN....you're nothing more then a clueless moron....that ALSO HAS BEEN PROVEN time and time again.

    Oh, and let the big shot "8 year computer builder" convince the forum members with his concocted B.S. Check this quote out: Quaboy wrote:
    Other Forum Members: There are no standardized grades of this media, or any other media.
    No, Sure their aren't...only the ones that the DVD FORUM AND DVD ALLIANCE SPECIFY..LMAO....gotta wonder where they come from.

    Like I said...go challenge the DVD FORUM now.....they'll have no problem making you look like a fool too

  17. Man you are dense defense.
    Skip reading through my replies, and keep attacking me personally. That'll prove your point. Keep saying the same irrelevant things over and over again - the 9yr olds on the board will eat it up. I'm just sorry for anyone who listens to the garbage you spew all over this board.

    -Evan-

  18. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    I am with Defense on this one.

    QuaiBoy you are an annoying {insert 4 letter word here} of a person.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    City of Industry, CA
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Shtirlits,

    Sorry that you got bad Ritek Disc from meritline and we didn't answer your phone immediately. I fully understand your frustration. You can send them back for full refund.

    However, Meritline has never sold any Grade B Ritek G04 to any customer. Please contact Ritek USA to verify the Grade of your ritek disc. If Ritek proved what we sold are Grade B discs, I will give you addtional $300 for that.

    If you cannot prove that, please don't mislead other forum members.

    The best way to find out the answer is not speculation, it is to contact Ritek to verify.

  20. meritline is fully of horse shit. Ritek sold meritline approximately 1 millions pieces of Ritek last month..MOST OF IT GRADE C. You are full of it "meritline" and you know RitekUSA isn't gonna tell anyone what Grade disks meritline, or any other reseller purchased. But yea..you are right..you didn't sell Grade B disks..you sold GRADE C DISKS...and the results users have had speak for themselves.

    You are scum "meritline"....you pulled that shit with the Phony maxells....and you lurk around the forum just waiting for people to complain about meritline so you can "ATTEMPT" to defend your shady business practices. ...but NEWSFLASH.....there were MANY MORE PEOPLE then Shtirlits, on this thread ALONE who have complained about there issues with ritek...YOU AREN'T FOOLING ANYONE.

    The way it works people is these online sites can purchase...mostly from the same "source" DVD-R 4X Ritek for about 1 dollar a piece for "GRADE A" disks. However, for each grade lower then Grade A.....they disks can be had for .15 cents cheaper. So, for example..if a reseller site were purchasing GRADE B disks ...they'd be getting them for ~.85 cents a disk...GRADE C......70 cents per disk, and Grade D disks in the DVD Media industry are considered/called "defective" and in "MANY" instances never sold to the end user...however, that has apparently changed as well. But it's clear as to how and WHY these Ritek prices have dropped so much. Purchase Grade B or Grade "C" disks.... .70 cents each..sell them at a "BLOWOUT" price for a best of .99 cents each.... that's a .29 cent a piece profit. I'll save the math for someone else on just one million pieces alone.

    Boy...you really would have to be one fool to not figure out you got a lower grade Ritek disk...especially after reading the chart comparisons on what indicates a lower grade disk...as well as ALL the people who have gotten shafted in this very post alone.

    There is also more info as to why Ritek has been producing more Grade C disks in general...one of the reasons is due to the GM of RITEK for the U.S Market resigning after 12 years back in November. Let's see if good ole' meritline will "confirm" that one. But again...you don't have to be the least bit intelligent to realize meritline has NOT sold Grade A disks...at least not recently. Ritek produces about 50 million disks monthly and most of the Grade A disks are reserved for the "OEM" companies....meritline is NOT an OEM company. Again, there is more info then that on this lower Grade Ritek issue at the current time..but i'll wait to see if this character actually has the audacity to come back and bullshit the ones SHAFTED some more.

  21. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Ya that Meritline member is pond scum and should be banned from this site. Every time he comes on here and appologizes and says he can understand our frustration blah blah blah. This meritline has bad customer support, sells low grade media and has this meritline guy lying to us.

  22. Originally Posted by Meritline
    Hi Shtirlits,

    Sorry that you got bad Ritek Disc from meritline and we didn't answer your phone immediately. I fully understand your frustration. You can send them back for full refund...
    That be great, but don't I need RMA# to do that?
    I got an email from Jennifer telling me that before she can give me RMA# she wants to know if I want a store credit. I have posted about that in this discussion...I have replied to her saying that I don't want a store credit and I'm still waiting for that RMA#. By the way, I want not only a full credit, but also a credit for the shipping. It isn't my fault that you sell junk Ritek and I would never order from you in the first place if I knew...thus, I am not going to pay for the shipping charges. If this issue isn't resolved pronto I'm contacting Better Business Bureau as well as my credit card to dispute the charge. My order number is 279407. Thanks.

  23. Originally Posted by defense
    Ritek produces about 50 million disks monthly and most of the Grade A disks are reserved for the "OEM" companies....meritline is NOT an OEM company...
    Hmmm...interesting...well, could you please tell what company sells genuine Ritek?...Rima?; any others?...I know what OEM stands for, but what do you mean by it in this case? Do you mean that Ritek's disks are being sold under a different label? Like for example CompUSA disks that I have are actually Princo according to DVDINFOPro.

    By the way, maybe you can help me understand something. Please take a look at this. From DVDINFOPro:

    Media Information
    Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
    Media code/Manufacturer ID PRINCO
    Format Capacity Not Formatted
    Free Blocks 411107328
    Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.71GB)
    Book Type DVD-R
    Media Type DVD-R
    Media Id Code Speed 1.0x 1385KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 1.0x 1385KBps
    Write Strategy Speed 1.0x 1385KBps
    Data area starting sector 30000h
    Linear Density 0.267um/bit
    Track Density 0.74um/track
    Number of Layers 1

    They 're sold at CompUSA as 1X, but I burn them at 2X and they all play great, no skips or anything like that, but the write strategy speed is 1X. Am I able to burn them at 2X because 'Available Write Descriptor' is 'CLV 2.0x 2770KBps'? The only reason I burn them at 2X is because NERO by default selects 2X...I can change it to 1X, but when I saw it for the first time I thought if NERO seems to be thinking that they can burn at 2X I'll try it. I did and ever since burn them at 2X with no problems.

  24. @ Shtirlits, I'm awaiting a response from anyone, more specifically..meritline to once again attempt to dispute any of my information. I'll be posting more on the Ritek issue and as far as the OEM companies...I know two of them...I'll find them all out and respond in the post. One thing I will say is that the GM who resigned from Ritek recently...was the one mainly responsible for the "RIDATA" RITEK line several years ago.

    Those disks at that time were ONLY GRADE A...and many of them now are still top quality. That is what Rima sells..and that is why people haven't had the issues with Rima's Ridata/Ritek G04 disks. Because Rima doesn't even sell the straight G04's..that tells me that they are very concerned for long term customer service..and not a quick shaft up the Azz of their customers. That's also why Rima charges a little more for their Ritek...or in some cases like now...tries to remain as competitive as they can at a .99 price tag for a 100 spindle. But it will cost rima more per disk because they are getting higher Grade media. They are also making much less per disk because they aren't shafting their customers left and right.

    Shop4tech has also changed their business practices..it's been mentioned many times..and if you look..sure you'll see a negative post about them here and there..the same with Rima..but that's very rare these days. Now look at the overwhelming ABUNDANCE of complaints people have had with meritilne's business practices...and simply putting 2 and 2 together..you can see what's going on even without the info I posted.

    I should of known about meritline from day one...when I first purchased the ACCU disks..the last 5 in the spindle were complete duds...after I did research..I found that at least 5 other people on this forum ALSO had the last five or so disks in their spindle as duds. I did research on other forums and the same! This was NO COINCIDENCE....it was clear to me at that time..defective disks...known as GRADE D disks were being placed into the spindles of those LEAD DATA AND SONY media id ACCU disks.

    Grade D disks can be gotten by these online sites for a measly .10 a piece..so think how much money a company can save just shafting people with FIVE per spindle when you do the volume as some of these online sites do. But it's clear that it's all about profit....they don't give two shits about the end user...they know most won't know the difference between a school Grade and media Grade....that's how they can do it.

    Look how confused the other bozo in this thread was...claiming to know it all..yet knowing absolutely nothing. Challenging what I said as fiction and make-believe...and if I remember correctly used the term that what I was saying was "A LOAD"...well, I think It's clear the only load was the one I took on his head. But those are the people meritline loves...because they can shaft them over and over and over and over and over again.

    Now as far as your compusa disks go....there are three or four manufacturers of those compusa disks...one of them is lead data..another is Optodisc....and as you can see...Princo is also another. Don't worry about burning those disks at 2x...that's perfectly fine. As long as you aren't seeing issues..the disks are perfectly capable of being able to be burned @2x. There were a TON of lead data and Sony manufacturer id disks which were rated 1x but burned perfectly fine @2x. I burned plenty of them..every last one @2x..and never had a single issue. So if you aren't seeing an issue..there is absolutely nothing to be concerned with.

  25. Something else I find very interesting is how meritline "claims" they haven't sold ANY Grade "B" RITEK's....yet the ONLY RITEK disks meritline specifies as GRADE A are the "RIDATA/RITEK"....i'm sure they just forgot to type GRADE A on the other Ritek disks they sell....lol.

    And right now...Rima is actually .04 better then meritline on the Ritek/Ridata disks. Rima is selling a 100 pack for .99 ..while you need to purchase 500 from meritline to get that price.

    Of course you have got to take shipping into account...but knowing meritline's shady business practices..vs. Rima's concern for their customers....it's a NO BRAINER.

    Here's the link for the GRADE A specified RIDATA/RITEK disks on meritline's site. http://meritline.com/rit4xcerhigd.html

    And here are the "NON-RIDATA" disks clearly titled with no GRADE
    http://meritline.com/neri44xdvwhp1.html

    But it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if meritline just put the GRADE A tag on everything...of course...someone mentioned the BBB...so they better watch out.

    And unfortunately...the RIDATA disks also aren't as solid as they once were currently....but they're your best bet right now.

  26. Originally Posted by defense
    ... Look how confused the other bozo in this thread was...claiming to know it all..yet knowing absolutely nothing. Challenging what I said as fiction and make-believe...and if I remember correctly used the term that what I was saying was "A LOAD"...well, I think It's clear the only load was the one I took on his head. But those are the people meritline loves...because they can shaft them over and over and over and over and over again. ...
    You haven't read my replies. You haven't responded to any of the claims I made. You were totally owned and can't stand it.
    Never allied myself with Meritline, or any other vendor for that matter. Don't draw me into that argument. For all anyone knows, you work for Rima yourself... you sure do drop their name a lot.
    Oh well. You can believe whatever you want Shtirlits (and anyone else who is reading this). Defense is a poser, nothing more. I'll keep happily burning away whether you believe it or not.
    -Evan-

  27. I for one would still like to know if Meritline censor their reviews. If they do, then their reviews are worthless and misleading. I think they just take a sample of their positive reviews and trash the rest. Just looking at the dates of the reviews, they are spread apart by quite a bit. While I'm ok with the postive reviews for the Riteks, the reviews are about one per month. I would think more people would be posting comments than that. They still claim that the NEC1300A is compatible with the junkie BeAll DVD-R media, which is hogwash. Any comments from Meritline?

    By the way, twice I had submitted a rebate for Meritline EZ label Pro that I bought from Frys and I never received a rebate check for either one. I wonder if they are the same company as www.meritline.com

  28. You haven't read my replies. You haven't responded to any of the claims I made. You were totally owned and can't stand it.
    Is this ass clown serious? LMAO..this is the best laugh i've had this week.

    @quaboy...I took every one of your quotes and responded to them....what is really sad is you just can't realize how amazing it is that you can continue to make yourself look like the biggest jackass on thie history of this forum. Even on a PC..you gotta feel like two inches....the truth has gotta hurt. You aren't intelligent...you're a bozo and you aren't gonna get the last word here either. You are a moron..all your statements were false...other posters have told you that you are a moron....you still don't get it.

    You're really amusing....full of opinions you claimed to be facts which you pulled out of your ass....but they got shoved right back up there within' seconds. You've said I've dropped Riimas name alot...I think I said it twice....you also said I called you Gay three times (whcih was another way to attempt to sway the topic from all the crow shoveled down your throat)..when I went back in my post and saw where I mistyped it ONCE...and I made sure I DIDN'T EDIT it. I guess the truth in all aspects must really hurt.

    Stick to your lego building of 8 years...because you can't possibly have enough brains to build a full lego set....although i'm pretty sure building a PC is easier then building a lego set....By the way...I built an entire PC last year in my first attempt at doing so. Can I get a round of applause please? ..ok i'll take a bow instead..... You must be very proud of your 8 year lego building skills...after all you mentioned that which was just as meaningless as everything else you've mentioned

    @pauln19 ...many online sites unfortunately submit shady reviews. They can either submit their "own" written reviews or will just post the positive. It's not right..but sometimes you have to use common sense...like if there aren't any negative reviews and people are complaining left and right on a forum such as this one...then the truth starts to unfold.

  29. who the hell would believe anything Meritline claims?

    They sure didn't care about selling fake Maxell media.
    They only asked "what was the problem with them"

    They are truly scum. They continue to prove that.
    Meritline will sell you whatever they think they can get away with. As they will only offer you a "credit" even thought they never gave you what you ordered in the first place. Yeah, like I'm going to give these liars even more of my money... best to cut your loses than use their "credit."

  30. Get Slack disturbed1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    init 4
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by QuaiBoy
    Other Forum Members: There are no standardized grades of this media, or any other media. If you have a bunch of coasters and the product is genuine and not B-Stock, it's because QA at <insert manufacturer here> messed up or lowered their standards. Despite whatever grading standard defense has taken it upon himself to bless us with.
    -Evan-
    Every media company samples product from their production lines.

    "Grade A" product is what is usually used for the OEM. In Ritek's case, these are the discs that go for Fuji and other companies. With CMC this could be for Memerox.

    "Grade B" product are the ones that still fall into the companies' "specs". Though they tend to have very slight blemish, or over glue. The recording quality is the same/extremely close to the grade A media. This could be KHyper for CMC. These discs can also contain over prints. Which is when company A orders 1,0000000000 discs, they get labled, then the order is cancled. The disc then gets over printed with another label. This is cleary visible.

    "Grade C" product is still considered to be usable, and is still sold once an abundance of Grade C product is obtained. It is lower quality than the Grade A and Grade B. These are usually labled for a "no name" OEM, and sold at a discount price. Can also contain over prints.

    "Grade D" product will contain errors, but like grade C media, is stocked until an abundance is obtained then sold at an even lower price.

    Below "Grade D", most respectful companies will use these as tax write offs.

    In Ritek's case, their Grade D production line was overprinted with mountain scenes, and sold off at an extremely low price. Don't confuse these with the Orange Ridata/Arita labeled discs.

    Each company has a different grading system, and set of specs for their production. But they all grade their products, and sell to distributors.

    Such as MAM's gold line of CD-Rs. They have two gold CDR lines, a standard and an Archive line. Both CD-Rs are produced from the same production lines. A sample is taken every so often to examine the quality. The cream of the crop goes to the Archive brand.

    To ask Ritek questions contact the main US company at Advanced Media INC 1-626-854-5266. Advanced Media INC is The Only authorized US distributor. A Distributor buys Millions and millions of discs and distributes thousands to the retailers (Meritline, Rima, Shop4tech etc....). A retailer may buy bulk quantity, then sale to other retailers also.




Similar Threads