VideoHelp Forum

Poll: I visit DVDrHelp.com frequently because...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm here because I love to be the disfuctional kid ! You know, the one "not like us"
    A perfect role for me.
    Also, I see it as a payback, for anything valuable I learned from the Net and I didn't pay a penny. I need to pay somehow for all this, well this is a way!

Plus, it is just a part of my extended lunch breaks in my job. You know, 2 - 3 hours daily.... (I'm a lazy bastard...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SatStorm
    I'm here because I love to be the disfuctional kid ! You know, the one "not like us"
    A perfect role for me.
    Also, I see it as a payback, for anything valuable I learned from the Net and I didn't pay a penny. I need to pay somehow for all this, well this is a way!

Plus, it is just a part of my extended lunch breaks in my job. You know, 2 - 3 hours daily.... (I'm a lazy bastard...)

Only 2 - 3 hours?
    Man, you wanna' come work with me
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just noticed I got credit for suggesting this one. Trouble is, it got toned down somehow, too much for my taste.

Gmatov, you're not the only old codger here. Ah, the good old days at Bedrock Univ., learning that valuable and indispensable skill- FORTRAN. It's kinda foggy now, but I sorta remember.

Baldrick's answer is far the best. [/i]
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    Just noticed I got credit for suggesting this one. Trouble is, it got toned down somehow, too much for my taste.
    Your suggestion and this poll are still very close though. I just reworded some stuff and and added a few options.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by SatStorm
    That's almost as good as working 7AM-11AM, like I do. Talk about lazy bastards!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. 10. I'm a post whore
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by stitlman
    10. I'm a post whore
    No argument there.

.indolikaa.
    Useless-Post Whore
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Fritzie,

Pull, Bang, Just "DARN"?

I used choicer words when I was into trap. What kinda O/U you showing there? Mine's a 1951 made Browning Lightning full and full. Great for doubles, speciaally with the International traps. Started with an 870, went to 1100, traded for the Browning, bought another 870, like that one almost as much as the Browning. TB, couldn't see paying for a TC.

Personal best 199/200, dropped the 151st bird. Too confident. Shamokin, State shoot, midddle of the hurricane in 72, rained cat 'n dogs the whole weekend. Loved it.

Oh yes, mostly good buncha kids here. They know their stuff. Video wise, anyhow. Some need some help with hardware. I'm pretty good that way, can offer some help.

"Course there are a few who know more than I do. Some know more than god and aren't averse to telling you so. Weed 'em out, and it's a good site to spend free time on, or to make free time so you can visit.

Cheers,

George

How old is an old codger? 59, my next. Didn't go to Bedrock U. School of Hard Knocks, my alma mater.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gmatov
    Oh yes, mostly good buncha kids here. They know their stuff. Video wise, anyhow.

Oh George!
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi George, who woulda thunk it? You're a better shooter than me, it's those last couple of targets out of a hundred that really separate out the duffers from the hotshots. (I tend to miss the last target every other trap). You must have shot a good bit in the Amateur Trapshooting Assoc. I found it to be too time consuming, maybe I'll join again when retirement comes, not long now! Just local leagues 'til then, but there are lots of those here in the Pennsylvania backwoods.

Nice gun, Fabrique Nationale made? Mine's a Beretta 682, double release, top single combo. You like doubles? Me too, seems everyone else is a bit less enthusiastic. Anyway, we're two cranky old cusses, typical trapshooter types.

Yes, it's utterly amazing what some of these kids know, and how far things have progressed in one generation. 8) Thirty years ago it didn't take a hell of a lot to be more computer-literate than 99% of the population. Now it's an effort just to keep up in a general way. One thing hasn't changed much: solving conflicts/problems still takes a combination of witchcraft and inspired guesswork. Well, sometimes it seems like that.

Cheers George, maybe I'll meet you at the state shoot at Elysburg someday!

Phil
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Will,

That wasn't a putdown. You guys are head and shoulders above me on Video, in every respect. All I know I learned here.

I'm pretty good with hardware, though. Been building, rebuilding, repairing, upgrading these things from the days you had to set a dozen or more jumpers just to not kill the board/CPU on boot..

I always have another one in for repairs for friends or friends of friends.No money involved except for cost of parts I don't have in my storehouse. I enjoy it, and it keeps me occupied.

Wonder if anyone has a Brother Multifunction 7160C who could send me an install disk. Have a system in , but can't DL files I need. Can get print drivers, but won't install till I install Visioneer from disk, and don't have disk. Hate to give it back unfinished.

Fritzie,

Going to have to get back into it. I quit years ago when I started building the house I live in. Built it out of my own pocket and with my own hands, and wife bitched it cost too much, and took too much time from the building. So hung it up.
    Bastards are sure cutting down on places to shoot, too. Build a little Levittown next to a 50 year old club and sue to close it down for "noise pollution".

Never used a release. Some of my friends swore by them. Might even have gained a bird or 2.

Probably shouldn't have started this, some, like Will, (

) might jump to the conclusion the constant recoil is what causes me to make a crabby remark, now and then. A little addled, y'know, brains been all shook up. Joke, Will.

Ah, well gotta go spend some money.Christmas coming, and only about 10% done with the shopping. (Bah, humbug!)

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, I know it wasn't George, I just found it comical considering you'd been a little pissed lately
    You have a good holiday my gun-toting, wood craftsmen, crib building US friend
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I visit frequently because I've got the time to right now, and because everybody was a noob at one point. This site has taught me lots and if I can offer up anything that might keep some noob from making the same "pulling your hair out for countless hours, days, weeks or even months" type of mistakes I did when I first started learning about this stuff, I figure it's the least I can do.
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote