VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Had three mpeg files I joined to make one using TMPGE. I then took the large joined MPEG file. I tried writing this mpeg to DVD using NERO ULTRA, and the SMARTSTART option to MAKE VIDEO. DVD is unplayable. Large joined file is viewable on my computer, trying to make a DVD to play on standalone unit. ANY,AND ALL HELP GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTED....
    Quote Quote  
  2. The file needs to be authored not just burned to DVD as data

https://www.videohelp.com/author

The mpeg must also be DVD compliant

https://www.videohelp.com/dvd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Great articles, and nice indepth. I don't suppose there is some simple, translator program, that can take this large MPEG file and just make it compliant with a quick click. By compliant, I would mean the ability to play in standalone DVD unit. Any suggestions, on which one of these programs would be good for a beginner to take this MPEG and make it a playable DVD ? THanks again....
    Quote Quote  
  4. TMPGEnc to encode, just select a DVD template (NTSC or PAL) and select the appropriate bitrate. There is a wizard option for simplicity.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by topazbest
    Great articles, and nice indepth. I don't suppose there is some simple, translator program, that can take this large MPEG file and just make it compliant with a quick click. By compliant, I would mean the ability to play in standalone DVD unit. Any suggestions, on which one of these programs would be good for a beginner to take this MPEG and make it a playable DVD ? THanks again....
    NeoDVD Plus is simple and fast however it's not free.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There's a good chance that joining them then reencoding them then authoring them will cause your audio to go out of sync.

My advice is to make each of the three mpgs compliant by re encoding them with Tmpgenc (if and only if they aren't allready), then author them. There is realy no need to join them. Just make them play one after the other with your authoring program.

I'm not familiar with the process you tried to use to author with Nero. It doesn't sound right to me that Nero went ahead and burned a video DVD for you with files that were not DVD compliant. It should have thrown up a warning and refused to do the burn. Perhaps you weren't authoring at all but were just burning the mpg as data.

When you author a DVD you create chapter points, menus etc and then the program creates .vob files, .ifo files, and .bup files. and burns them to the disk.

The best, most reliable, and easiest program I have found for doing this is Tmpgenc DVD Author (not to be confused with Tmpgenc, same company different program). Download the fully functional free trial and complete your project. I think you'll end up buying it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by topazbest
    Any suggestions, on which one of these programs would be good for a beginner to take this MPEG and make it a playable DVD ? THanks again....
    Topazbest,

For ease of use I'd recommend "Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2". It has a very simple workflow. When you get more familiar with it you can also start adding menus, background music etc. Free trial on the Ulead site www.ulead.com

Best of Luck ! Happy Christmas !!

Moonstomp
    Just because you're nobody, doesn't mean that you're no good. Just because there's a reason, doesn't mean it's understood. It doesn't make it all right ! (The Specials)
    Quote Quote  
  8. AGAIN, Tip of the hat to all of you! One last question, before I drive everybody crazy. The MPEG file shows as 1.28 G, when I look at it on the hard drive, but when I go to NERO ULTRA>STARTSMART>MAKE VIDEO DVD>FROM FILE.....the screen shows video at 6.1 or so and says..NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON DVD TO WRITE. ODD? Is there some type of MPEG COMPRESSION TOOL I NEED TO USE before I go into NERO to write to DVD......what am I missing.

Again...last sling on this topic!

R
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    TMPGEnc to encode, just select a DVD template (NTSC or PAL) and select the appropriate bitrate. There is a wizard option for simplicity.
    Quote Quote