VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As of December 3rd, 2003 according to the only friendly support person over there jamieo, burnatonce "DVD writing is no longer supported. "

I had good luck using my NEC 1300a and their 99b version burning to +RW (unsupported) but ZERO luck burning to -R discs.

After a hateful response by "Solaris"to my request for help, I discovered that as of 3 days ago, DVD writing is not a supported function anymore.

Now I'm back to buying CopyToDVD or DVD Copy Gold perhaps to finish burning the rest of my DVD movies.

p.s. Other than cost, does anyone know of a reason why I SHOULDN'T use DVD-X Copy Gold? It seems like it's about my last resort to backing up movies in one easy step.

Regards
    Alfer[/b]
    Visit my Philips DVD Recorders discussion group HERE and my Home Theater site The Enormodome
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Do you not have Nero or EZ CD Creator or something?

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  3. No Nero, but do have Easy CD/DVD 6.0 and unless there's some magic trick to using it to burn the file I shrunk with DVD Shrink, I'm SOL.

oesn't support AC3 audio BTW.
    Visit my Philips DVD Recorders discussion group HERE and my Home Theater site The Enormodome
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use Imgtools to create an image file from the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders, then DVD Decrypter to burn that image?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I even tried that trick (used Img Tool Classic build 9) and burned the .img file to disc, and nothing...no player would recognize the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Did you burn the *.img ONTO a disc, or opened the IMG file with DVD Decrypter burned it with that....???
    "A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cops and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs." Tom Morello in Alternative Press
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try using IMG TOOL BURN to burn dvds.

http://www.coujo.de/ib/index.php?s=7a6607a515b203fb655a19eccae3d089&act=html_include&i..._name=download

Download the version with whatever version of NERO you have. They have different versions of IMG TOOL BURN to use with certain NERO versions. Use DVD SHRINK to compress your video files then burn it with IMG TOOL BURN instead of using NERO. This works for me. I can play the dvds in my standalone players without any problems. What version of NERO are you using? I heard having the latest ASPI files could also make a difference when burning dvds. Also you should be turning off any programs running in the background while you burn.

Here is the Link for ASPI file download:
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?sess=no&language=Engl...dkey=ASPI-4.70

Hope this was of some help to you. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just read an announcement of a new piece of software (well new to me anyway) called DeepBurner http://www.deepburner.com/. It's in Beta but is free and is supposed to burn all formats of DVDs and CDs, including video. I have not downloaded this program as I am quite happy with Nero 5. But those of you looking for freeware now that burnatonce is no longer an option may want to check it out. As I said, I haven't tried it and am not endorsing it, so please don't flame me if it's crap!

Morloc
    Quote Quote