VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a question. Ok, I haven't really made any bigger tests, but yesterday I made some macroblock reduction tests. I encoded a short clip with a lot of movement, from DVD, and i tried tmpeg, cce and lsx encoder. I've never used lsx before, because everyone says cce is best, and tmpeg comes next.

Well, the results I got was serious macroblocks with CCE and tmpeg, while LSX gave me excellent quality with virtually NO macroblocks.

Hmm so what are the disadvantages of lsx? Just asking.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh I just remembered I forgot to tell the most important stuff.. I was encoding to SVCD with max bitrate 2600 and average 1900 kbps.

Quote Quote  
  3. Depends on the version you have....3.5 is WAAAY better than 3.0 IMO. I use 3.5 for most of my stuff....it doesn't block as much as tmpgenc I don't think but can band the colors if the bitrate gets low....I prefer the banding over the blocks but others have differing opinions...

Michael
    Quote Quote  
  4. no requesting!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Baldrick on 2001-10-13 14:08:46 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. LSX is quite good for MPEG-2 (do a search on the forums -- there was quite a lot posted on it when 3.5 first came out).

LSX (the plug-in) had abysmal quality for VCD standard MPEG-1. The stand-alone encoder was better, but not as good as TMPGEnc or Panasonic.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, the version of LSX encoder I used was 2.0

heh
    Quote Quote