VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. mail2tom
    I've been working with two 2.1Gig MPG files, attempting to run them through SVCD2DVD, but have not been able to get the process to complete. Is there a maximum file size that any of the components of SVCD2DVD will stop at? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DaveDavies
    not sure if this is the problem but are you using ntfs or fat32 on your drives, I think I'm right in saying fat32 can't handle more than 4gb files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DaveDavies
    not sure if this is the problem but are you using ntfs or fat32 on your drives, I think I'm right in saying fat32 can't handle more than 4gb files.
    Your right..
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yf2001usa
    Originally Posted by DaveDavies
    Your right..
    But that's not the problem, is it? I use WinMe, so I also have a maximum of 4 Mb, but that doesn't keep me from making 4.4G DVD's. As long as I do not try to make a 4.1 Gb input file.

The output isn't a problem either, as the VOBs are 1024 MB at most.

I also had some troubles with largish input files, say 1.8 to 2.0 or more Gb. I reported on it, but never got a reaction. I must look up the subject line..

Callan

It was "Curious SVCD2DVD Behaviour", submitted on 25 October 2003.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    >2GB should be ok I updated various things to support it a while back. I shall recheck however as its not the kind of thing i do...
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote