VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. snappydog
    Okay, here's my story:
    Downloaded and tryed out SVCD2DVDMPG. Worked fine.
    I thought I'd try out the demo of SVCD2DVD and tried to download it four times, each time the download would stop halfway through and a message box would tell me I had lost contact with the server.
    Today I decided to just go ahead an make the "donation" and get the full version, which downloaded fine. Everything seemed to install fine, but when I opened the program I got a message:
    "Unable to perform automatic update... Check to get 'SVCD2DVDMPG+' update manually. You need to do this before you can run program."
    The problem here is that I don't have internet access on the machine which I am installing the program. The machine which I downloaded the software on is my work machine which I don't use for personal purposes.
    So how do I get around this automatic update requirement to use SVCD2DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You use your serial/email to get to the SVCD2DVD update area download the updates you need. Get them to your home PC & unzip to the SVCD2DVD folder.

Other wise you can email me & i'll send you the updates.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. snappydog
    You know, I tried that several times and it just wouldn't work. It turns out that I wasn't putting the dash in front of the serial number. When I did that it worked just fine. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Same problem, upgraded to 1.5 and it want let me start the program without automatic update. I am behind a firewall and it just sends me to this http://www.alternativemallorca.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/AutoUpdate/E343C1C9-5971-46B6-7EF3F0432...Email=xxx@xxxx

webiste. (serial and e-mail replaced with x's by me here).
    Then I cant get any further.
    Have manually updated to latest version, but no go.

Yours
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    con999: drop me an email & I'll sort it out for you.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote