VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. snappydog
    Okay, here's my story:
    Downloaded and tryed out SVCD2DVDMPG. Worked fine.
    I thought I'd try out the demo of SVCD2DVD and tried to download it four times, each time the download would stop halfway through and a message box would tell me I had lost contact with the server.
    Today I decided to just go ahead an make the "donation" and get the full version, which downloaded fine. Everything seemed to install fine, but when I opened the program I got a message:
    "Unable to perform automatic update... Check to get 'SVCD2DVDMPG+' update manually. You need to do this before you can run program."
    The problem here is that I don't have internet access on the machine which I am installing the program. The machine which I downloaded the software on is my work machine which I don't use for personal purposes.
    So how do I get around this automatic update requirement to use SVCD2DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You use your serial/email to get to the SVCD2DVD update area download the updates you need. Get them to your home PC & unzip to the SVCD2DVD folder.

Other wise you can email me & i'll send you the updates.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. snappydog
    You know, I tried that several times and it just wouldn't work. It turns out that I wasn't putting the dash in front of the serial number. When I did that it worked just fine. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Same problem, upgraded to 1.5 and it want let me start the program without automatic update. I am behind a firewall and it just sends me to this http://www.alternativemallorca.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/AutoUpdate/E343C1C9-5971-46B6-7EF3F0432...Email=xxx@xxxx

webiste. (serial and e-mail replaced with x's by me here).
    Then I cant get any further.
    Have manually updated to latest version, but no go.

Yours
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    con999: drop me an email & I'll sort it out for you.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote