VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This is the second time i responded to a post that a Moderator has given someone a warning because in the there eyes thay are using a WAREZ copy of a film.

And again i'll have to say that i would suggest that the Moderators should do a little searching before jumping to any conclusions.

For instant, how do we not know that this guy does not own the Region 1 copy of said movie, after all it is out in the USA on DVD and he could have
    bought it and made a backup copy.

Now if prove is needed of the said movie being out in the USA then i suggest you take a look here.....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-9344831-4607815

Don't get me wrong, i'm against warez completely and if this guys version is a warez copy then the warning he got is well derserved.

But to give someone a warning just because the movie is not released yet in the UK is wrong.

Anyway enough of my ranting for now .
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  2. This board is kept pretty clear of all things warez because of the warning policy we have adopted. This is one of the best resources on the net for video hobbyists and we would like to keep it that way and not risk being shut down by being swamped with warez posts, which is what would happen if we took no action. Warnings are issued so that new members are made aware of the forum rules and are more likely to read and obide by them in future. Most who get 1 warning, will not get another.

As far as the Akura being compatible with KSVCD, sorry don't know, have not got one to test.

Edit:
    I was typing this, before I saw Marvels2020's post. I was not aware that it had been released in the states on DVD. My mistake, if garbage_guy tells me that this is a backup of a DVD that he owns, then I will remove his yellow card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    Now if prove is needed of the said movie being out in the USA then i suggest you take a look here.....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-9344831-4607815
    I suggest you look at the release date:

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. That will teach me not to check a link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That'll teach me I stand corrected

I dunno, to much beer i think
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  6. I wonder why dvd players play cd/r'?s?? is it so we can play Mp3's, now where is the most popular place to get these,Mmmm let me think.
    Same goes for playing dvd+r etc, oh and don't forget the vcd's svcd's
    I didn't say I downloaded the said movie.
    Warez is a website thats riddled with virus and trojans so far as I know, and would not go there.
    Do what u want , I wont post in here again if thats your attitude, I thought I would be among understanding helpful people in these forums.
    What do you want , ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder why dvd players play cd/r'?s?? is it so we can play Mp3's, now where is the most popular place to get these,Mmmm let me think.
    Same goes for playing dvd+r etc, oh and don't forget the vcd's svcd's
    Obviously, the world of home video has passed you by.

I didn't say I downloaded the said movie.
    It's not out in the shops yet, so how did you get it?

Do what u want , I wont post in here again if thats your attitude, I thought I would be among understanding helpful people in these forums.
    I'm not having a go at you, but this forum walks a tight line between advocating personal rights (to backup movies that we own) and discouraging illegal copying of movies we don't.

If you ask about copies of movies that aren't out on DVD yet, expect to get warned.

Don't let this spoil your day
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  8. what a bunch of whinny,, whimppy little "warez" haters..

do you fuckers work for the riaa?
    this entire forum is about warez,, and if you dont know that,, your lying

to yourself.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator offline
    Quote Quote  
  9. Rainking do us all a favor and stop trolling. You are a nuisance. And maybe we do all work for the RIAA. You better believe we know who you are.
    Quote Quote  
  10. up-tight ******** gave me a "warning"

hahahahaha

dam thats funny

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Unfortunately for you , we get the last laugh. Don't come back.
    / Moderator vitualis
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the support guys
    I think on the Akura box it supports a number of vcd types incl xvcd and others I havnt heard of.
    Think I'll keep my head down, n shut up for a while.
    but.......
    As far as I know we can't buy legal vcd/svcd in the uk, stupid manufacturers should realise this and stop producing things we cant use
    Merry xmas.
    Quote Quote  
  12. You can get "legal" VCDs in the UK. I don't normally express my views on piracy as I appreciate that most boards encougaging it are closed down very quickly by US authorities. As a rule no-one gives a stuff if its for your own use, but if you are copying wholesale and going round the Sunday markets, expect a visit from the DTI inspectors. In the UK there is no such thing as fair use, as you don't actually own the copy of the DVD / CD that you've just bought ... you have only bought the rights to view / listen to something on a piece of mirrored plastic! If you copy it onto your hard drive without a licence from the MCPS you have committed an offence. New European copyright laws were introduced into the UK last month, and I believe that they are a damn sight more draconian than the previous 1989 act. So expect things to get worse. It's up to each individual as to whether they want to break copyright laws on an daily basis, but its best to keep said information off internet bulletin boards. Let your consience be your guide.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Unfortunately for you , we get the last laugh. Don't come back.
    / Moderator vitualis
    [/quote]

rainking-1 = teh pwned = teh funny
    Fight spammers ghetto kung-fu style! Join the Unsolicited Commandos! or the Spam Vampires!
    Quote Quote  
  14. This player just gets better and better. Just burned a DVD full of mp3's and it plays it no problem at all. It does not support long file names unfortunately but you can't have everything.
    Quote Quote