VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good Evening,
    Let me try this again.
    I am having a problem with IE6 in that on some web sites that I visit they require a web enabled browser and my system will not display the contents at all. I can remember this working properly in the past but as of now, it isn't. This was several months ago when I remember it was working.
    I can and have verified that all of the web enabling boxes have and are checked or enabled, i.e., Java is up an running or at least the OS (Win XP Pros SP 1 with all of the recommended updates) says it is. I have even verified that the settings with a similar computer and same OS & IE are exactly the same. Yet the other systems displays these sites normally while mine doesn't.

I am getting the following error message.

alt="Your browser understands the <applet> tag, but isn't running the applet, for some reason your browser is completely ignoring the <applet> tag!

I have even downloaded and installed the latest Sun Java add-in without success. I have also uninstalled IE6 and reinstalled again sans success.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? If so, how did you solve the problem. Hopefully, it was short of reformatting and reinstalling the OS.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No one????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well every browser is "Web enabled" are there some specific sites in question doing this?

Found more info, not sure how to fix but it DOES appear to be a java error.

edit: still not a fix but
    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=30&thread=375063

I'm glad I saved the original XP SP1, so I have both java types on my system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Instead of typing all the junk you can try here's the link Just scroll down til you see Internet Explorer, about half way down. Then in that section it will tell you how to repair a lot of differnet faults with IE or how to re-install the whole program, Iwould do that. If it worked before, and you didn't do anything to it. It sounds like SPYWARE or a corrupted file. I'd reinstall. Hope that helps
    Quote Quote