VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest4623
    Considering registering but not used PayPal before so I am wondering what personal information PayPal gives out when purchasing e.g. Name, Postal Address, E-Mail Address, Credit Card details etc?

If you register via Kagi is it any different?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to inform you there are MANY paypal scams on the internet my advice ti you would be not to indulge because you will regret it in the future. The reason im saying this is because me and me nephew went through hell with those ******** and its not worth the trouble ,many times they double charged me on stuff and many times I never got my on line orders especially from ebay also many dishonest people can steal your ss number and credit card info so take a word of advice dont!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't want to use PayPal use Kagi. Kagi is just like a standard eCommerce transaction.

There are many scams but they all start with "Please tell me your credit cards details"
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Paypal used properly is safe. No issue.
    No information is released to the other party other then: You've got cash!
    Every transaction is entered by you and you control the output (including address). If you don't want to receive the merchandise, don't ever give out your address. Let them worry.

Scams involving Paypal actualy are not Paypal related. They are in close connection with STUPIDITY. If you receive an email saying:

"Hallo, this is your Bank, please confirm your acct. no. and pin because our janitor has misplaced it yesterday. Do not forget to leave your door open and put your wallet on a kitchen table. Someone will drop by tomorrow to verify your information. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Your truly."
    ... and you cooperate, you don't deserve to carry your house keys, not only a credt card.

Paypal is as safe as your brain is immune to such tempting offers.
    If you don't trust yourself, then forget Paypal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Well said.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guest
    Originally Posted by proxyx99
    Paypal used properly is safe. No issue.
    No information is released to the other party other then: You've got cash!
    Every transaction is entered by you and you control the output (including address). If you don't want to receive the merchandise, don't ever give out your address. Let them worry.
    Thanks. So I have logged into my PayPal account (if I do not do this first I am presented with a screen asking me for my address and credit card details when I click the donate button - e.g. like joining again), I then click the Donate button on SVCD2DVD web site and a page is displayed saying "Pay to SVCD2DVD" a box saying what is being paid for (assuming you just put in SVCD2DVD again), Currency=Pounds Sterling and and box to enter amount.

A button is then displayed saying if you have never paid through PayPal click it - I have never paid anyone but I have an verified account so I am assuming I ignore this and use the two boxes at the bottom of the screen to enter login details and click the Continue button.

What happens then? Does the option appear to say do not give out my credit card address etc?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. You get the option to provide a shipping address or not. In this case it is all over email not snail mail so i don't need any of that stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    By default CC no. is withheld. It will ask you for address if shipping involved otherwise you're OK, Just follow through. Read your screen carefully; can't make a mistake. Good to do your first couple bucks so it doesn't hurt. One more thing. There is a customer service no. just in case or unsure whether you did it right. You may call them, it's a Company not a Fly-by-Nite. Have some faith. Not everyone's a crook. Good Luck.

PS. always know what you're doing. If unsure, call and ask questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Paypal is safe. I've use it couple of times, no problems.
    Of course, ignore any email you receive later from "paypal". Most of them are fakes.
    But when you see an email that might be real, just send them an email for confirmation. Easy like that.
    Quote Quote