VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. No release date yet outside of Japan but the AC3 plugin will be $27USD.

www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.asp?RelatedID=4420
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The japanase version has been released (25 dec)
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/ja/product/tda.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've used DVD Author before....I'm pretty dumb....so if I know nothing about DVD-ing compared to most people here....how did I manage to author several DVD's while I was playing with the test version if the version I had did not support AC3?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll need to check the specs of all of the dvd's I have capped from my panny e30, but I thought ALL of them were encoded AC3 audio.

Is it the OFFICIAL supporting of AC3 (kinda like dvd players not officially supporting SVCD, but a number of them do)????
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It means that now when you drop in an MPEG with MP2 audio, you can convert it to AC3 within TAD. Now if only TMPGEnc had the AC3 plugin, it would be golden!
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So the word "support" in the post headline is not the correct word to use?
    CONVERT would be the correct word?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGenc has released an update to DVD Author. Included in the update is support for an AC3 (Dolby Digital Stereo) plug-in. The plug-in is now available for download, and costs $29.

The plug-in can't be used in TMPGenc Source Creator or TMPGenc Plus.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I just purchased and installed the plug-in. The next time I author a dvd I'll let everyone know how it works.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hudsonf
    I just purchased and installed the plug-in. The next time I author a dvd I'll let everyone know how it works.
    What bitrates can you use? any other ac3 options?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I just loaded a small mpg and when I chose AC-3 the re-encode bitrates it listed was 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320, 384, 448. I did a test author and everything seems to be working OK. I'll know more when I get back to backing-up more of my VHS tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Does it instead of MP2 also accept and encode PCM sound into AC-3?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Those of you that don't like "features" like Windows XP Product Activation should know that the TMPGEnc AC-3 plug-in requires an internet connection to occasionally check its serial number and make sure it's only installed on one machine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Robert Simandl
    Those of you that don't like "features" like Windows XP Product Activation should know that the TMPGEnc AC-3 plug-in requires an internet connection to occasionally check its serial number and make sure it's only installed on one machine.
    This is why I will never buy it.

My recording PC isn't even connected to the Web - it'd make it even slower and busier;

Also, once I've paid for something, I don't agree in having my behaviour constantly checked by third parties, it seems to me that these TMPGDVDA guys look at us like thieves that are always prompted to steal their stuff, while actually we have paid for it.

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
  14. well, if i need to choose between paying a $300 licence fee to be able to encode to AC-3 in Adobe Premiere Pro or just $29 with TMPGEnc DVD Author, with occasionally checking it's serial number, the choice is easy for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A(ny) manufacurer needs to explain (to us) why operating a piece of software that doesn't use the internet for its primary function - - - - needs to use the internet.

And if it finds it can't communicate, does it shut down?
    Whatever doesn't kill me, merely ticks me off. (Never again a Sony consumer.)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by painkiller
    A(ny) manufacurer needs to explain (to us) why operating a piece of software that doesn't use the internet for its primary function - - - - needs to use the internet.

And if it finds it can't communicate, does it shut down?
    Shutting down is EXACTLY what Windows XP does if it's not able to "phone home" within a certain amount of time.

I had a PC that I hadn't used in several months. Booted it up and instead of loading up, XP informed me that it was unable to check its license. Gave me two choices:

1. Reactivate.

2. Shut down.

I was not allowed to use the computer at all until I reactivated Windows.

This is what got me to start looking at Linux for my non-DVD-authoring needs.

I would imagine TMPGEnc's AC-3 plug-in does something similar, but limited to cutting off your ability to use the plug-in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very well said

Why the hell would I have to spend my telephone line bill, or my ADSL connection, if all I wanna do is make a DVD

I won't support that behaviour.....this sw is cheap enough for serious people to buy it

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So,

for $29 I have the privilege of having my machine interrupted at any time because it wants to shut down an expensive system, that I paid for (everything), simply because it - thinks - I might be a crook because I won't let it use the internet.....

Soundfs like grounds for a lawsuit to me.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So,

for $29 I have the privilege of having my machine interrupted at any time because it wants to shut down an expensive system, that I paid for (everything), simply because it - thinks - I might be a crook because I won't let it use the internet......
    I suspect it would simply shut down the AC-3 plug-in for TMPGEnc DVD Author, and you wouldn't be able to encode AC-3 soundtracks within the program anymore. You'd have to go back to using BeSweet or some other AC-3 encoder.

I do NOT think it would shut down the entire computer. After all, TMPGEnc ain't Microsoft
    Quote Quote  
  20. All it will do is not let the plug-in load. It's not going to shut down the whole computer.I don't know for sure but I think the activation is probably a part of the licensing agreement with with Dolby. It's a matter of choice $300.00 and up or $29.00 and a occasional serial # check.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I'll grant you that....

Nevertheless, I am getting a little more than tired of companies pre-supposing MY intentions before the fact, and turning off (features/functions) simply because I wish to do all my work OFFLINE.

The amount of money for a transaction is irrelevant here.

It's my computer.

It's my software.

I paid for it all and have the receipts.

How I turn things on and off shouldn't matter to anyone who doesn't live in my house.
    Quote Quote  
  22. blah this kinda stuff erks me

I buy all my stuff but things like CD copy protection and this kinda phone home crap bugs me

BUY IT then crack it, there will be a crack faster then you can say TMPGenc DVD Author

- Jarin
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thieves download from nesgroups or kazaa or irc or ftp anyways. This is what's rediculous, the thieves use cracked versions of everyting anyhow and they are used to, and expect it. Only inconveniences the registered users.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I agree with the fact that product activation and phoning home sucks. It's a shame that everyone has to suffer because a few decide it's ok to use software without paying for it. As a test I tried running it with my cable modem turned off and it ran ok. Probable only phones home after so many uses or a set time frame.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Curious about the XP connection problem. My XP Pro machine has NEVER been connected to the Net, been running for well over a year now. It did require re-activation after a new motherboard, but I did this by phone. It has never been off for more than 24 hours, though.

I do agree that software requiring an internet connection is needlessly intrusive, and should not be supported.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AC3 plugin requires internet authorization?

Screw that! You'd have to be crazy to let your "work machine"
    anywhere near the internet.
    My audio and video rigs run reliably, and are optimum configured.
    There's no way in hell I'd let them touch the internet. If you're going to connect to the internet, use a piece-O-crap that you
    don't care about. Never a 'work machine'.....

There's other options than TAD. Sonic foundry?
    Quote Quote