VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!,

I successfully ripped the Pulp fiction DVD with 6 vobs on my harddisk! I want to develop a VCD with variable bitrate by using Sefys newbie start DVD Ripping guide with Smartripper->DVD2AVI_174->tempgenc!
    But how can I get the complete movie: 148min on 2 CDs?
    I try to use the calculators, but had no idea to fill out the settings in dvd2avi ot temgenc. Is it possible to rip a DVD to 2CD-project using Sefys newbie start DVD Ripping guide?

Thanks for your help,
    Roger
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here you will find some bitrate calculators.
    You want to make a XVCD with variable bitrate, then calculate the average bitrate and use 2pass VBR mode, because the average bitrate will be quite low( about 1350+128 or 1250+224). Use the source range and calculate both parts seperately. I do not agree with Sefy, that you don't have to play with any settings. Especially, if you use dvd2avi's audio decoder, you need to select the correct audio track.
    In TMPGEnc load video and audio source, then load a VCD template (PAL or NTSC, what you need), hit "load" again and select unlock.mcf. Change mode from CBR to 2passVBR and set the bitrates.
    Use "motion search precision" High quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Judaszeuger, if you use Audio Bitrate of 224k, you can use a Video Bitrate of 1224 and it will make each half of the movie fit an 80min CDR to full capacity.

Truman, when I ment don't play around with the settings, it's only if you don't know what you are doing, and since the guide is aimed at beginners, most do changes and don't remember what they are, and then complain something is not working, for those who have aquired some experience and know what they are doing, they can do any changes, because they will know what they are doing, and yes, for some movies you need to pick a diffrent audio track, but MOST (not all, but most!) movies, the Audio Track is located on the First Track, I can't cover in any guide all the possibilities and options, it would be endless, that's why it's a Newbie guide.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, that's right.
    Quote Quote