VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried to author an SVCD with multiple menus using VCDeasy, and I keep getting the same problem that when I play the disk in my DVD player, all PBC commands are ignored, and I can just next/prev through the various videos as if they were in a track order, if that makes sense?

Basically, I have locked out the next or prev command for certain menus, and used 1, 2, 3, etc for navigation, but that isn't reckognized at all. Niether are the Timeout, Return, etc commands.

It works perfectly when I author VCDs, but it doesn't seem to work with SVCD. I tried TSCV and VCDwizard too, but with the same result.

If anybody has any idea how to get this to work, I would really appreciate some help. I have beem tearing my hair out over this for the last 24 hours, and I think I may have finally melted my test CD-RW

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. What DVD player do you have?

Mine plays VCDs, SVCDs etc.. very well, but the PBC doesn't work on SVCD's at all - although it says SVCD: PBC on when it finishes scanning the disc - it then just plays the movie from the start.

VCD menus work fine on mine, by-the-way.

I tested this out with the SVCD samples from this site, and the menus which worked fine on PowerDVD just do not appear on my standalone.

You may want to try out the sample (under What is SVCD) to see if it's your player, or your authoring process.

See what the DVD Player list (on the left) says about your player.

cheers,
    mcdruid.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a Sony player, which is perfectly happy wo play both SVCD and VCDs, and it handles PBC perfectly with VCD.

I tried the sample you suggested, and I didn't get a menu either. Oddly enough, when I authored my own SVCD, I did get the menu, only problem was the PBC didn't work.

I also checked the player compatibility, but there wasn't much help there.

I am sure it has worked with SVCDs I have downloaded off the net, though, so there must be a way to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony's DVD players will play SVCD discs fine, but do not support PBC on those discs. PBC is only supported on VCD. This is stated in the manual of the NS300, and should be for other Sony players as well.
    Quote Quote