VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wanted to order some 4x DVD-R media. I was looking at buying from Shop4tech.com, unless you guys recommend someplace else...

what do you think of Matrix DVD-R 4.7GB 1X-4X Bulk by shop4tech?

Or what would you recommend more/instead? A few different brands & why would be nice. Any better places to oder in your opinions?

Thank you guys.

Dan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Right now the only media I buy are the Matrix DVD-R's from shop4tech.com. I have a Pioneer A06 and for the most part they work great.

After swtiching from Nero to Alcohol 120%, my burning success has gone up a lot and haven't had as many coasters.

The DVD's play on all my friend's players and haven't had many complaints. btw I have ~600 dvd's so I burn a lot...not just your average dvd here or there :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I received some Matrix 4X DVD-R and DVD +R disks from Shop4Tech.com a while ago for testing. Their early batches were not very good, producing lots of read errors if you burned them at 4X. But the ones I got from them, their "latest batch" at the time, were quite an improvement. While not up to the quality of Ritek or Ricoh or Maxell, they were certainly better than the 4X BeAll disks that I had in hand at the same time. They did a pretty decent job. When testing them with Nero CD Speed, they would sometimes cause my Sony DRU-510A to have to slow down quite a bit in order to read the disk towards the outside edge, but very few, if any, had read errors.
    At around 80-some cents a disk, they were a pretty good buy.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Even though they say 4X, I rarely burn at that speed. Most of my burning is because I'm copying a dvd and my other dvd drive cannot read fast enough to burn at 4x. I'm usually at 2-2.2X when I burn the Matrix DVD-R's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you get what u pay 4
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have read many mixed reviews regarding the Matrix DVD media. Now that Ritek 4X -R is well under $1 each, there is no point in risking wasted burning time with the ultracheap brands. Ritek 4X -R discs simply do not fail on my Pioneer DVR-106... My time and peace of mind are worth 30 cents per disc to me, but if you can't afford it, give Matrix a try.

My advice... once you find a combination that works, don't change it.

You can get 100 Ritek 4X matte finish discs for $86 & $5.30 shipping here:

http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1633-1...tegory_Code=DM
    Quote Quote