VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all!

I saw this camcorder in my local store and I would like to here from you some comments about it.

It should record the data to a 8cm DVD, that is playable by any DVD Players immedietly. Is it really working like this?

Thanx a lot.

cumi
    Quote Quote  
  2. ABOUT THE DVD100,
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW:

Since there is no firewire link, how do you simply record the signal from the camera to Premiere 6.5 or VideoStudio DIGITALLY (not through analog wires). Is the USB 2.0 standard capable of doing this???
    Quote Quote  
  3. I own the Sony DVD300, I've had it for over a week now and have recorded two events on two different weekends.

I also am curious about the usb 2.0 doing the work of firewire. Not sure about that.

But so far, I have been connecting my camcorder to my DVD recorder Panny e80h to record to its hard drive, then high speed dubbing to DVD-R as many copies as I want.

Or also, if I record in VR mode on the 8 mm disks, I can high speed dub my movie to my dvd recorder HDD. That would be lossless dubbing.
    Andry - Panny e80 and Sony DVD300 Camcorder
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Andry
    I own the Sony DVD300, I've had it for over a week now and have recorded two events on two different weekends.
    Can you play these discs with an ordenary DVD Player?

Or you have to use a DVD Recorder additionally?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry hadn't been back here in a day.

Yes, you can view the DVD's in a dvd-player, only if you've recorded in Video mode and if you finalize it first.
    Andry - Panny e80 and Sony DVD300 Camcorder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These new camcorders that record directly to DVD disks are fine, if you don't plan on editing the footage. If you want to edit, then don't waist your time with these and get a DV-Camcorder instead.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get the DVD200 or the 300. It has megapixel.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Andry wrote:
    "I also am curious about the usb 2.0 doing the work of firewire. Not sure about that."

Hi, I own a SONY DVD200 camcorder for a week. Not a long time but I could transfer my videos to the PC via usb2.0 without any problem (recorded video or VR mode, doesn't matter) quite fast. I am used the pixela imagemixer wonderful sw, after I reinstalled my XP, it works. 8) Anyway I am successed with this cam, I don't want to spend so much time, just archive my family videos.
    Quote Quote