VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any reason to encode 5.1 audio to an MP3 to use in a Xvid? I dont know much about how audio works so would there be more information to make the mp3 sound better or should I just use the stereo sound and forget the 5.1? I only have 2 speakers and a subwoofer but I mostly use headphones so I dont much need to encode to 5.1 ogg(I think ogg lets you do 5.1 channels) anyway thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use BeSweet and convert the 5.1 down to positional 2 channel Stereo (Dolby surround, 4 channels muxed to 2: Left, Right, Center, Rear). Then encode to 160 or 192 kbps MP3. Works very well for something more than stereo.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick reply. Are there any guilds that would explain how to do what you said? Im new to Besweet and I have not found a guild here that helps with this. Though Im not really sure what to look for. Im going to go dig though the guilds again just in case I missed something.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Load an AC3. Then you have options to 'downsample'. You can leave it 48 khz or go 44 khz. The GUI for BeSweet is fairly intuitive.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok thanks. And I meant Guide not Guild... but I guess you already know that. Been playing to much Europa...
    Quote Quote