VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Being that the video is WAY too large, I would like to convert it to something that keeps the same video size and quality (good audio/video quality)

Just to give you an idea, it's a 4 min video file and it's around 170MB. Huge is the word. What's best? Divx or some other codec conversion?

Please point me out in the right direction. Mpeg is way too big and I know there are better codecs /video sizes for this small piece.

All assistance is appreciated!

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what is your final destination? a dvdr? on a computer? a vcd?

for dvdr, that's about the right size - that would equal about 4.5Gb for a 100 minute movie.

if you just want to play it back on your computer, I would convert it to Divx or a similar format, or reduce the resolution and bitrate and reencode as an mpeg.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by willyn
    Being that the video is WAY too large, I would like to convert it to something that keeps the same video size and quality (good audio/video quality)

Just to give you an idea, it's a 4 min video file and it's around 170MB. Huge is the word. What's best? Divx or some other codec conversion?

Please point me out in the right direction. Mpeg is way too big and I know there are better codecs /video sizes for this small piece.

All assistance is appreciated!

Thank you!
    You know my first INTEL/WINDOWS based computer would not have been able to handle such a file. That computer had 2MB of RAM and the HDD was 80MB

However that was then (1990) and this is now (2003)

My computer now has 256MB of RAM and two HDD drives that toal about 110GB between them.

170MB is like SO small I can't imagine you think it is HUGE unless you just time traveled from like 1990

Anyways if you must reduce the size but keep the quality your only real choice is MPEG-4 using either DivX or Xvid.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote