VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is the best and fastest program to convert avi to vcd? i want something that doesn't take 15 to 20 hours to convert. please help thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that is the program i use that takes so long isn't there a faster converter than that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, for an awful lot more $.

The guides to the left will provide you with the answers.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. There's AVi2VCD look in the tool's link on this site also www.doom9.org for free software
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i already have avi2vcd and that is slower than tmpgenc. isn't there any more suggestions out there
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With a 400MHz Celeron, everything will take a long time........
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  7. "rhegedus" is right your PC is to slow. I have two PC's a P2 400 and I used ro encode to VCD a two hour movie took me about 24 hour's with TMPG on my AMD 1.8XP the same two hour movie now take's 2 and a half hour's to encode.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like I said before, I can make an xVCD in under 1/2 hour, and that's from a DVD. Anything over 2 hours and it's your CPU. Re-read the part about Celeron 400's with no cache (your better off with anything, litterally anthing else faster than a 266 Mhz).
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    Like I said before, I can make an xVCD in under 1/2 hour, and that's from a DVD.

Wow!

How come it takes me about 1.3x real-time to convert DVD to VCD (DVD2AVI then TMPGEnc) ?
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote