VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i believe i have searched enough in the forum but cant find a answer

i use tmpgenc to convert a xvid file to mpeg1 using the wizard ntscfilm
    i am sure i got the framerate correct(23.976) i checked with virtualdub.i did not change any of the setting except disabled inverse telecine which seem to be turned on default. The result is the file plays but it frequently get blocky if u dont understand what i mean i uploaded a short clip to of the mpg file to http://briefcase.yahoo.com
    username:tmpgec
    password:123456

please help me solve this problem and by the way the xvid file is not corrupted i downloaded it with bt
    one more thing is it possible to turn inverse telecine off in the wizard by default
    Quote Quote  
  2. doesn't anyone know my problem and help me
    Quote Quote  
  3. XVid can be a pain in the ass to convert

I convert XVids by first using VDub to convert the file to HuffYuv and then using TMPGEnc to convert the huffy to MPG
    Quote Quote  
  4. i solved the problem
    it seem that the divx codec is interferring with the xvid codec because everything work well after i uninstall the divx codec so a word of advice to everyone is to unistall divx codec and just use xvid since it play divx also
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mmasw
    I convert XVids by first using VDub to convert the file to HuffYuv and then using TMPGEnc to convert the huffy to MPG
    If you framserve directly from Vdub to TMPGEnc then you don't have to save an intermediate file at all. Set the output to uncompressed and go. Look in the Guides section for directions. 8)
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you uninstall divx codec?
    Quote Quote  
  7. i didn't frameserve nor create an intermediate file at all
    i think if you look in your start menu under divx you will find the uninstall button if not go to setting then control panel then add or remove program and uninstall there
    if you use a codec pack like klite codec pack just uninstall everything and install again and deselect the divx codec
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by ZippyP.
    Originally Posted by mmasw
    If you framserve directly from Vdub to TMPGEnc then you don't have to save an intermediate file at all. Set the output to uncompressed and go. Look in the Guides section for directions. 8)
    yes...I've done that as well, and when I do I have used both Huffy and full frames as base in VDub.....I'm not sure which yields better quality...they both seem about the same.

Frameserving is quite a bit slower then the other way, but it eliminates the AVI file size limit problem
    Quote Quote