VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. arite thanks SydBarrett78 appreciate it cuz its been driving me crazy and it was my first time tryin the method and i thought i was messin up or something. haha i like the menu of the 2 naked chicks...but oh well thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. asd108
    1. What is the order for Noki's method (does it matter) -
    a - copy movie vob and ifo files - rename files to 1- dvd shrink and then dvd fab to create video file manager
    b - copy movie vob and ifo files- rename files to 1 -then dvd fab to create video file manager and then dvd shrink
    c- copy movie vob and ifo files dvd shrink- rename to 1 and then dvd fab to create video file manager
    please follow the procedure at the beginning of my post. to answer your ? you rename the titleset to 1 (if it is not already 1) after Shrink.

BTW i have done the Lion King Platinum Ed (i think...this is the restored version that just came out, right?) and menus work fine.
    good luck.

SydBarrett78 and jerk3
    what is this OLD SCHOOL stuff you guys are mentioning?? did i miss something

if this is a movie title ( ) and you can't get the menus to work properly try the STILL PICTURE method...

1. decrypt entire DVD with DVD Decrypter.
    2. open files in Shrink.
    3. uncheck combined shared titles.
    4. under EXTRAS set everything you DO NOT WANT to still pictures and uncheck all associated audio and subpics. the titles you want set to Automatic.
    5. same for stuff under MENUS and set stuff you want to Automatic.
    6. select the main movie if there is more than one of them, and uncheck any unwanted audio and subpic. set to Automatic. set other titles (if present) to still pics and uncheck all audio and subpic.
    7. hopefully the compression of the main movie is less that 20%. With animated titles you can get away with even more compression (30 or even 40%) and probably won't see any artifacts.
    8. Backup, DO NOT reauthor.
    9. burn (to RW if needed) and enjoy.

Good Luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. "Old School" is a movie with Will Ferrel where he and a couple of his buddies decide to open their own animal house-type fraternity on campus so the friend can keep living there once it's rezoned on campus. It's a really funny movie, catch it sometime.
    As for the backup method, I just chalked it up to a faulty dvd menu from the factory press. I'm pretty sure I did my steps right but the menu from THIS movie just wouldn't cooperate; no biggie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Noki,

Thanks for your reply. I think that is the order I followed but I will try it again.

I had one other question before I attempt another burn. I read on a post on another forum that the menu writings are treated as subtitles.

If so, do I need to keep the subtitles in DVD shrink. The last I had deselected all subtitles

Thanks Andy
    Quote Quote  
  5. asd108

I had one other question before I attempt another burn. I read on a post on another forum that the menu writings are treated as subtitles.

If so, do I need to keep the subtitles in DVD shrink. The last I had deselected all subtitles
    yes, by all means keep the subtitles (even the foreign ones if you want)...they take up almost no room on the dvdr, thus will not increase the amount of compression Shrink applies to the main movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by kranji
    As Peter McCall from Club.CDFreaks pointed out, the DVDShrink/DVDFab method contains a flaw in that if you choose anything that is not included in the rip from the Menu, the DVD player will freeze.
    anyway of fixing this problem? i know some1 mentioned menuedit, can that be used to just link all extra buttons back to main menu? instead of deleting the buttons entirely? if so, anyone got any tutorials?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. i believe MenuEdit can be used to render the buttons you want useless (non-functional), thus no freezing of the player. i also think it places a blank graphics over the button. don't use the prog myself so just going on memory of what has been posted here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by kranji
    As Peter McCall from Club.CDFreaks pointed out, the DVDShrink/DVDFab method contains a flaw in that if you choose anything that is not included in the rip from the Menu, the DVD player will freeze.
    This is true and a workaround for using MenuEdit to disable the menu buttons was proposed by someone.

Now, the free version of MenuEdit does not work 100% with detecting all buttons for some menus. Even the feature to edit button commands is only available for registered version. Ideally, it would be best to use the registered version to disable the unused buttons but if I did that, then the "free" in this thread's title is false.
    Quote Quote  
  9. my way.. I use dvdshrink full disk mode. I keep only the main movie, all the extras at still pictures.. You will get still pictures also for the intro and warning screen and that's not good.. So after shrink I use menuedit to toggle button links and intros. link http://menuedit.dimad.net/ht_me_replace_cell.html . After that I use ifoedit to update the ifo file as said on the link). It works fine.

NOTE: There is a FREE lite version of menuedit.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    there is a 'free' method now

you can use DVDStripper to strip anything you want or split the discs. Using MenuModder as a preview player you can then disable the buttons to the items you have removed just by right clicking a button

and it's all completely 'free'

the only cost is your usertime which shouldn't be that long for most

I don''t have a direct link just yet but you can download the 2 programs here
    http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=36468
    Quote Quote  
  11. [quote]
    Originally Posted by asd108
    I have been making copies of my DVD's without a problem using DVDFab and Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD v7.x. However I recently tried Noki's method to copy the Lion King special edition with the menu and movie only using DVDShrink, DVD Fab and Nero (or Pinnacle ) to burn to DVD. Everything worked fine, but the final DVD did not work on either my Apex or Sony DVD player , but works correctly (movie and menu only) on my laptop with Po wer DVD

I am wondering whether this has something to do particulary with the Lion King DVD since the original DVD starts with some movie previews and you need to press the menu button on the remote to get to the main menu.
    I want to ask for any further suggestions because I tried all possible combinations of Noki's method mentioned in this forum for Lion King special edition and all the dvd's played fine on my laptop but not on several dvd players. I have had no problems copying other movies and removing the menu

Thanks - Andy
    Quote Quote  
  12. For those looking to get the DVD to start at the root menu.

Open the Video_ts.ifo file in Infoedit.
    Highlight 'VMGM_MAT' and then click on the plus sign.
    Now highlight 'First Play PGC'.
    Scroll down and look for 'PGC Command Table' in the lower panel.
    Highlight the last 'Pre Command', right-click and choose 'Edit Command'.

Use the following:
    Command - (JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu
    Title Nr: - 1
    TitleSet Nr: - 1
    Menu - Root

Press Ok and save.

Test it out with any Win DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by YN
    Use the following:
    Command - (JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu
    Title Nr: - 1
    TitleSet Nr: - 1
    Menu - Root
    This is assuming the root menu is in Titleset 1. If not, enter the appropriate TitleSet Number that your root menu really resides in.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a search under tools for infoedit but found nothing. Where can I download? Was that supposed to be Ifoedit?
    In your ear with a can of beer, Up your nose with a rubber hose.
    Beeeerrrrr.....MmmmmmmGoooooood!
    Quote Quote  
  15. i remember reading somewhere sometime that there was a method to keep menu's and not the extras with dvd shrink by creating a dummy 1 second video file and placing that in place of the extras. Hence a 1 second video file with no audio wouldnt take up any space. Does anyone know how to do this with shrink?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I remember reading somewhere that you can create a dummy video file, a three second blank file, and place that in the place of the extras. That way you can keep the menu and the main movie files and replace the rest with the extremely small file. Does anyone know if you can use this technique with dvd shrink?
    Quote Quote  
  17. YN, I've been using your method to get the menu to start first. Of course I was overjoyed when I realized it worked. And it did work... for several dvd back-ups... however, these days it always results in a buggy menu. Usually all the buttons work except PLAY. lol It just stops the dvd when I'm playing it with PowerDVD or IfoEdit. On the standalone, I have to press play again. But it freezes the program on the computer. Any clues to why it suddenly would start going wrong? I am using the same method as always that I got from (first) Noki, and then your tips... Any help would be appreciated!
    God bless
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks to Noki for bringing this method to our attention. It is successful in most cases but not for all DVDs, depending on the structure. In my experience, anyway.

However, there is a better method available now that DVDStripper is freeware. And the menu plays first automatically. Read the tutorial on the download site, it'll take all of 5 minutes. All you have to do is select the main movie and all menu items, done. Or use MenuModder in conjunction with DVDStripper if you wish to modify the menu.

To make the DVDStripper method work, you'll also need DVDDecrypter and IFOEdit. All freeware. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bump

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Stop bumping ooold posts with no reason.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    "We know who we are, but not what we may be" - William Shakespeare
    Quote Quote  
  20. Guest
    Originally Posted by noki
    Credit for this info goes to an individual on another forum/site.

TOOLS: DVDDecrypter 3.170
    DVDShrink 3.0b5
    DVDFab 0.1.71
    burning app

1. rip all files in File MOde.
    2. in Shrink Open FIle and select VTS_xx.IFO of the main movie instead of the usual VIDEO_TS.IFO manager.
    First two steps with decrypter or fab?
    Quote Quote